• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Closing pubs completely would push people into drinking at home. It’s a lot cheaper after all. They would probably consume more alcohol and behave even less sensibly.

When they're at home they can be as daft as they like. The problem comes from starting out sensible in the pub, guzzling it down to get their quota in before closing and by 10pm they're mingling with no more thought about distancing.

If the pubs were shut they would be drinking at home with their pub going mates. We’re talking about the irresponsible here.There’s lots of them out there saying Covid is a load of nonsense and it won’t happen to them. If it wasn’t for the irresponsible we might be able to contain the situation until a vaccine is available. Unfortunately there are a large number of people who say they will refuse vaccination.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Brew said:

Maybe we could revive the old pensioner political party... who wants to be PM?

Proposals for cabinet members:

Col - Social and Benefits agency

Margie = Home Secretary

BK - Minister for arts

PMayfield - Chancellor of the exchequer

CT - National archives

Denshaw - Speaker of the house

Lizzie -  Foreign secretary

Radford (I'll tek me shirt off) Red - Minister of defence

Ben - homeland security

Mary - Womens equality affairs

Trogg - Minister for health

PeverilP - Minister for the environment

Loppy, Ayeup and Ozt ambassadors

Colly - minister for science

Katy - Leader of the house

Any more?

All those in favour say aye...

Me? - I'll be the one carrying all the bags...

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

f the pubs were shut they would be drinking at home with their pub going mates.

True enough but unlikely to mingle with the same amount of people out and about and in the pub.

16 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I rather fancy 'Minister without portfolio'.

You're just a trouble maker you...    bleddy country yokels.... never happy...... the natives are revolting....

• Like 2

As Home Secretary I’d have to make speeches wouldn’t I?   Could I just write them and let Paul deliver them please?  We are a team  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, loppylugs said:

You forgot Jill.  Minister of education?  ;)

Good point,

Cabinet reshuffle.

For services to Canal towpaths Cani is now minister of the environment ,

Peveil is to be  minsister of Ag and fisheries.

Mistress Sparrow is Minister of Education, Irish accent optional..

Margie as our resident Zoom expert and will deliver through the medium of an iPad with prompts by her soul mate, chief cook and bottle washer extraodinaire, Paul

Compo, Scottish secratary, when he can be found

TG is to be Minister of Transport, with railways as they are she will need her sense of humour.

The foreign secrataty has resigned her postand will be replaced by the well known gourmet nonnB

The foreign secratary will now be the right horrible Minister for International Trade.  :rolleyes: providing she don't keep losing people in foreign lands...

Now can the governemt come to order and forward their propsals for a manifesto - a minstry of silly walks will not be accepted.

NB. The budget must not exceed £2.50 or three Tesco tokens.

And I'm still carrying the damn luggage... :mellow:

• Like 4

I’m sorry, I’ve been on the pop already this evening, just carry on and I’ll observe proceedings until I can offer constructive comments.  When and where are we having the Party Conference btw?  

• Like 2

As minister of Arts, I propose we invest the Tesco vouchers toward the cost of establishing a Nottstalgians committee room/library. An application to the lotteries commission for substantial donation towards a picnic table and stools, so said Nottstalgians  could attend meetings and discuss who should be promoted and who deserves being pilloried. The agenda could be left open to additions.

• Like 2

Lizzie, Seeing as the Party Confetence is all going to be on Zoom this year,  it doesn’t require us to gather anywhere except in our own homes... bit boring really (except you can be nosy and see what books people have got on their bookcases or the colour of their curtains etc.)

....and who is the leader of our glorious party?  Brew?

• Like 2

Lizzie, it would take too much organising as - for security and data protection reasons - I’d need to contact each of you by email,  WhatsApp or text to send a link for a specific Zoom meeting and I am not privy to that information.   If it’s not done properly, we’d get various ‘guests’ joining in and listening to all the conversations.  I’m really feeling like the Home Secretary now with all this talk of security and protection!

• Like 3
59 minutes ago, MargieH said:

.and who is the leader of our glorious party?  Brew?

As you will have noted Home Secratary I am chief bag toter and guffer.

The proposal for Jomab - he  was cosidfered as chief scientific officer and creator of posh smells but sadly failed on eligibility.

The honourabble Minister for Arts will be notified in due course regarding the passage of his  stools

The home secretary mandating a Zoom conference is taken under advisment, horrible  members sans ipad should apply to the Chancelleor for expenses towards the cost of an Etch a Sketch. Use of the contribution for chintz curtains will be frowned upon.

• Like 4

The minister of arts will accept nothing less than a full clinical examination of said stools! The results to be published in the personal column of the N.E.P. or delivered to the Honourable members in a plain envelope.

Your servant sir.

• Upvote 1

Which pub were you all in? Hope you didn't go over the limit and kept your distance without swaying or staggering.

• Like 1

As chief toter and guffer I note the orrible arse ministers demand for delivery of his stools in envelpoes and hereby tender my humble resignation. I wish to spend more time my family and possibly heed the mister fer educashuns recommendantion  on auntypodeun wine and join the Minster fo internashnul 'fairs in gettin all tired n emotinul an all. yer my bes frends you are...

• Like 4
7 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Closing pubs completely would push people into drinking at home. It’s a lot cheaper after all. They would probably consume more alcohol and behave even less sensibly.

No I don't!!!