Things that pee you off...

Benjamin #354 reminded me of a time when I was having a few pints in (Someone remind me of the name - on Mansfield road between the bottom of Hucknall Road and Carrington Station. It was late evening and as I was sitting in the bar with a friend I espied a pretty girl on the other side of the room. I went over to her and told her she was the most beautiful girl in the world and arranged a date for the following night with her and her friend, with me and my friend. As I sat in the bar the following night I was convinced that they had stood us up and considered taking on the girls who were eyeing us up from another table. How stupid I felt when it turned out that they were the two, one being "The most beautiful girl in the world" and I didn't even recognize her!

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

Might have been Benjamin, I can't remember where Carrington Station was but with the Grosvenor being at the bottom of Hucknall Road I thought Compo was talking about a pub up Mansfield Road a bit.

I think Carrington station was on corner of Gregory blvd,facing the island where they site the Goose,i remember a Newsagent there for years and i thought that was the entrance to Carrington station long ago.

Yes Carrington Station was on the corner of Gregory Blvd as you say. There was a newsagent there and at one time also a poodle parlour. The entrance to the station was at the side. The station closed in 1928.

The Newsagents/ Poodle Parlour was housed in the building that was the original ticket office I believe.

Some little 5hit has been watching my anti litter actions. This morning I was off out and damn me, against my wall was a Fosters can, a Red Bull can a chip wrapper and a tissue. The cans went in my recycling bin, the chip wrapper in my waste bin, and there was no way on this earth I was going to touch the tissue. I dragged it into the gutter cursing loudly........ As per normal.

Myself and mates went there train spotting in the late 50's, early 60's. We always came home filthy after much silly behaviour.

We sometimes cycled there from FFGS at lunchtimes. Great days.

You must have seen the cutting from the Arnold bus years ago, but I think it was infilled and build on when you were living down south.

Yes Dave we've pm'd about it months ago when we compared a list of name.

Don't I know it !!!! Just 70 last week.

Wer'nt you a bit suspicious with all the tracks,smoke,Trains and men waving flags and blowing whistles Katy ?

Sorry Katy only joking it closed in 1928,a bit before your time?

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...