Just came across the obit' of our good friend and fellow Nottstalgian, John Waudby, 'Ayeupmeducks.'

https://www.echovita.com/us/obituaries/mo/alton/john-waudby-16572893

So sorry to read this.  I never met John personally.  He lived a couple of states over from me, but we had similar backgrounds as electricians he in the mining field, me in construction,  both from Nottingham.

John was a good moderator on NS in his day.  R.I. P. John.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

That's sad news. I'd noticed Ayup hadn't logged in here since the end of last year, and he also seemed to have vanished from everywhere else on the internet.

John was one of the very earliest members of Nottstalgia back in 2004, and was an Admin for most of that time.

Very sad news.

R.I.P. Ayup..

Very sad. We'll miss him on the site. He's the second member offline recently (Mercurydancer). I think probably Jonab has also toddled off into the sunset as he hasn't visited for a long time and his health when last heard from was pretty serious.  

• Like 1

Sorry to read this, it’s always sad to find that one of our lot has passed away.  His posts were generally too electrically technical for me to understand but his memories of being a pit electrician were no doubt interesting to many Nottstalgians.  Condolences to his family, if they ever get on Nottstalgia.  

Bugger, it always brings home a sense of our own mortality when someone younger goes first.. 

RIP Ayup...

• Like 1

Oh no! How sad, John was a nice man, condolences to his family. You do always wonder when a member stops posting, if they have just got bored with us, or passed away. Thanks Loppy for taking the time to track John down.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...

Just read this thread, so sorry to hear of his passing, a great pit man, had his own coal mining website with some very interest stuff on it, very sad news RIP John

Rog

So sorry to read this, RIP John... We became facebook friends & would often yabber about owt, & he'd often groan at my stupid jokes I'd put on. He has (well had now) a mining site & I'd often put posts & comments on it...