• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found the below after searching, on KEY. AERO     and from Railsroadsrunways blog,  

Courtesy of Streetview.

As a special treat I went to the Burton Joyce chip shop yesterday. Two haddock and chips with mushy peas - all for £23.20!! The battered fish was indifferent, the chips (enough for 8 people!) were sog

Posted Images

I often used to go with a friend at lunchtime. We'd sit in his car and eat our fish and chips, piping hot. Didn't want my car ponging of fish and chips!  You can eat in but the place was so popular there was never a table free and they didn't take bookings.

23 hours ago, Beekay said:

@MelissaJKelly

But they're all lovely with Mayflower curry sauce mix !

Mayflower curry sauce mix is my go to ingredient to add to my gravy and only about a pound from Home Bargains or Iceland.

As theres only two of us, usually make it in a mug,  add one teaspoon of the curry mix to three teaspoons of any gravy granules , (sometimes add a dash of Worcester Sauce). 

Add the boiling water and its always tasty !

@DAVIDW, Being the first time I tried Mayflower, I followed the instructions, and weighed out 3gm and put in a jug with the relevant amount of water. Stuck it in t'owd micro with regular stirring. It was lovely and thick, but I made too much so I poured the rest into an ice cube tray and froze it. Brought a couple of cubes as needed and it was still tasty. I have to thank 'Bald Foody Guy' on youtube for that one. thumbsup

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Beekay said:

@DAVIDW, but I made too much so I poured the rest into an ice cube tray and froze it. 

Good idea !

3 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I’ve just been researching Belper. It sounds like a nice town. I always confuse it with Heanor. I must come and have a look.

My brother lives in Belper, nice little town, I live in Heanor. Should Derbyshire have a backside and  a pimple... Heanor would be the pimple. 

We do come to Heanor occasionally to visit the antiques centre. We’ve not been for some time so we could visit Belper whilst in the area. I’d like to have a look around the army surplus at Ripley again as well. Looks like a day out in the west is forthcoming after the snows have melted!

Went to the army surplus place at Ripley last time i was in the UK they had a Vampire jet mounted on a pedastal which you could buy thought that would look good in your field the wifes cousins husband who was with me brought a pair of 5000 volt insulated gloves now he tackles anything electrical dont know if i would trust them.

4 hours ago, philmayfield said:

The whole setup looks a bit tatty.

The vampire has long gone and yes the outside is tatty. Inside you wont see many changes at all, I think army surplus days are done now. A lot of what they sell looks like it's repo and quite expensive

7 hours ago, IAN FINN said:

brought a pair of 5000 volt insulated gloves

They have a shelf life and its not long