Things you don't see anymore

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some folks only request information, which is fair enough by me. Maybe they don't want discussion, chat, banter etc. Different people want different things from a forum, and that's fine.  If

Things you don’t see anymore (times 2) A 1945 photo of my aunt, wearing a turban and scrubbing her front door step on Queens Grove, Meadows. She dug her heels in and refused to move when the

Posted Images

As you benjamin. No tats, no piercings and certainly no grubby dreadlocks.

Two of my daughters have tats too.

I don't have enough hair for dreadlocks, although what I do have is usually clipped to the scalp, much more comfortable without hair... Ringing!!!! Mines like an alarm clock, both ears 24/7....

• 2 weeks later...

Adverts extolling the virtues of 'wall to wall' carpet. It was the norm when I was a kid, to have a square of carpet in your rooms with lino showing around the edges. I think this was so you could turn the carpet for even wear. Then wall to wall came in, and it was something to brag about if you got it installed. Nowadays everyone has it!

Day old and going stale cream buns, little cream meringue cakes and iced buns in the bakers window for a penny each.

Pester the shopkeeper long enough at the close of business and they would virtually throw them at you!

My Miner's check (Motty) from Annesley colliery. I worked there from 1968-69.

IMG_9842.JPG?gl=GB

• 1 month later...

Just having a Friday Night Wine Natter, waiting for the stragglers to come in, and the conversation came around to food and none of us can remember what the tiny potato sticks were called. They came in a red packet and featured in most school tuck shops. Anybody out there remember them and what they were called? I thought mini chips/sticks?