katyjay

Things you don't see anymore

Being an American, living in Germany, my ways are very different than they practice here. Brigitte and I had to take a ride today to a town about 45 minutes away. We stopped for lunch there, and there was a elderly lady sitting by herself, I said hello and asked her to join us at our table, she said she has been alone for the last 16 years, so eating alone for her was alright. My gram always hated to eat alone, so the least I can do is offer people sitting alone our company.

At a concert in Holland a few years ago, it was colder than hell outside that night, the venue wouldn't let us come in, so we headed for something to eat in a warm place. There was this guy walking around aimlessly - I said, come with us and we'll buy you a dinner as we all waite for the concert......he didn't think twice and joined us.....all he wanted was a cup of coffee and talk about music for the next hour. We all had a great time, before, during and after the concert.......when I got back to my car, I found a parking ticket for 60.00 euros waiting for me.....a car pulled out, I pulled in, it was a Friday night......and I just payed the damn ticket.......the next time we went there Brigitte drove and she got a ticket too......no wonder everyone in Holland rides their bikes around town. The coffee shops are now also off limits - unless you live there! Just saying is all - say no to drugs!

Blimey!! It all 'appens to you, don't it? never a minutes peace for a philanthropist such as you...................take heart, providence will cast her weary eye in your direction at some point, rest assured we all reap what we sow................ :)

A proper roundabout:

IMG_8311.JPG

• Upvote 2

Seagoing wooden boats:

IMG_8318.JPG

camp coffee

children's three wheeled bikes

liberty bodice with rubber buttons

whirl pool bra's (ladies only)

• Upvote 1

Magic Mushrooms.....................

You can still get "Camp Coffee" (And I don't mean anything served by Graham Norton or Dale Winton)

http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10714&hl=%26quot%3Bcamp+coffee%26quot%3B#entry159227

White Dog Muck!

No wonder the kids don't play Hopscotch any more if there is no chalk on the pavement.

C'mon Red , show him the photo!!

white-dog-poo%255B1%255D.jpg?gl=GB

• Upvote 1

#1503: Whirlpool Bras - that's a real blast from the past. I had forgotten all about them!

I've got to stick my nose into this one as well. Top of my list of things you don't see any more 1. Me without grey hair. 2. Me with a 28inch waist. LOL

Me with hair still got the 30 inch waist though

c. 1914-1918:

Elephant-mounted machine-gun

Elephant-620x491.jpg

In some parts of England, white people. unionflag

1931:

Double Barrel Cigarette Holder

Double-Barrelled-Cigarette-Holder-620x67
  • Upvote 1

#1520 Love the photo, how bizare. You could kill yourself twice as fast. Wouldn't have gone down well on Dragons Den if it was around back then, or maybe?. De Da Pete.

a.baa-.jpg?8cc267c1024fd9a3d92376cdad840enoch-powell-was-right-badge.jpg

I suppose that is what the "Native Americans" say when they leave the "reservation. ;)

I constantly live with the knowledge that I'm a foreigner in my own country. I was born in England but live in Scotland. No-one hates the English more than the Scots but we are still one and the same union.

The Raleigh moped:

moped.jpg