Could'nt possibly say Margie..............and yes they did have a brew in them...........i was very young...............lol.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our son is a teacher and we are very proud of him. He was a punk rocker and went off the rails sometimes. We always supported him and welcomed his mates at home and they showed us a lot of respect. He

Well my son is a teacher and he has had to go in as usual. He teaches 'difficult' children who have 'difficult' parents and homes. He has to physically restrain pupils at times.  A lot of teacher

Some interesting posts here! I recall an occasion when a boy was excluded as a result of a serious incident.  The next day his parents brought him into school saying that the school should look a

NO ,.Margie..............Mr England had smashed the football rattle i'd made he said it was Crap..............and Mr Harris tried to make me work Right Handed.................,had good mates no-body snitched............lol.

I'm just going to make us a cup of tea now - I will try not to think of the bad thing you did!

Can we change the subject back to 'teachers' now please?

I've written about this somewhere before, but the teacher I didn't get on very well with, once wrote on my report that I lacked 'concentration, consideration and manners'. My Dad was NOT pleased and I don't blame him...  I was a bit stroppy sometimes and I think I'd argued with her..

• Upvote 1

Our son is a teacher and we are very proud of him. He was a punk rocker and went off the rails sometimes. We always supported him and welcomed his mates at home and they showed us a lot of respect. He still has the punk rock band (The Victims) with two original members. He grew up at his own speed and has always ploughed his own furrow. He detested school. Left school and went labouring for a builder, then a bit of picture framing before deciding that he was going to do something more fulfilling. He trained as a nurse and qualified to SRN level. He became disillusioned with NHS management and went to Uni as a mature student to qualify as a science teacher. His first teaching job lasted about 18 months then he quit due to lack of support when a student crossed the line in the sand. He does not suffer fools lightly, especially those in authority. He was a supply teacher for three years and worked where he pleased until he kept being asked to return to a particular school. He has been there for a few years now and is one of the policy makers and a governor. I look at him now and shake my head in wonder and pride - a fine looking, well dressed man with slicked back silver hair. A man of presence and authority. Who would have guessed? OK I'm bragging but looking back I think that he is a result of our patient parenting, where we instilled a sense for social justice into both of our children. We think of him as a 'proper' teacher, with a lot more behind him than a degree and teacher training. He did it the hard way - often the best way..

• Upvote 9

PP,I ticked a like to your post but feel a quick written reply would be better,you have every right to be proud of you son,well done to you and to him

Rog

• Upvote 3

..................I second that Rog,.................be very proud PP............I have two sons that work mostly abroad,proud of them too,but due to the nature of what they do.........i constantly worry............i'll just say they mostly work in unsavoury places.............

• Upvote 2

Lizzie, no it wasn't her.  I only had her in the Lower 6th and although she wasn't one of my favourite teachers, I managed to keep out of trouble there!

It was a PE teacher - but maybe she wasn't there by the time you went to the school.  Her name sounds like - but not spelled like - what you are told to do on the film top of microwave meals.... 

Benjamin 1945 said: " Just remembered.).........there were two Teachers who did'nt like me,.......both Woodwork Teachers,.Mr England and Mr Harris,think it was because i was really Crap at Woodwork (still would be).............and if they read this.......also sorry for what i did in your Tea-pots.................lol. "

What is it with woodwork teachers?  Ours was awful too. his favourite seemed to be his turn of duty at the bus stop outside school at 4:15pm.  He would marshall and order us about like a mini-Hitler.  one day he didn't turn up at school and after a week of absence (remember, in those days teacher absence was unheard of) rumours went around that a bus had run over his foot whilst he was ordering the bus queue outside school.  Turned out that the real reason was the death of his mother.

My woodwork teacher was a horrible little Welsh s**t. Mr Phillips.  Another little Hitler but in actual fact I learnt a hell of a lot from him and still using it today.