Come on then what did Santa bring you for Crimbo ?

Fly- villa with pool,P5B Coupe, all the numbers with bonus,beach house on parrot cay.

Plus!..especially with women.. Never buy something they need...a toaster is something you need..a pad on a sunkissed island is what you want!!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best present possible...we've managed to rescue a young female cat from a breeder who treated her appallingly. 8 litters in the last 2 or 3 years. She's thin as a shoelace, tatty, covered in fleas

I got a 'Painting by Numbers', a Rupert Annual, chocolate Santa and an orange, really happy!  

What a lovely relaxing Christmas Day, for the first time in 68yrs I have had my Christmas Dinner in a Pub. A very nice experience I must say, delicious food and no pots to wash after. It is very much

Eldest son working today so we are celebrating tomorrow, when everyone can get together. Grandson is driving down from Flagstaff today and I won't settle till I know he's below the snow line, lots of snow in the northern part of the state. The good thing is, shouldn't be many on the roads today.

• Upvote 3

What a lovely relaxing Christmas Day, for the first time in 68yrs I have had my Christmas Dinner in a Pub. A very nice experience I must say, delicious food and no pots to wash after. It is very much on the cards again next year.

Presents gratefully received today from Daughter and G-daughter, Perfume, Chocolates, Cardigan, Assorted nail varnish, Biscuits and a beautiful Pink scarf with Flamingos printed on, from my son a Christmas card with lots of kisses and £50 to spend in the sales, from Hubbs, some No7 night/day face creams, a purse, and a beautiful Red Rose.

The best present of all was the two hours spent in the company of my close family, and enjoying our first experience of Dining out on Christmas Day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Re # 26. Yes, the jackpot on the lottery would be nice no doubt, but the first people I would see right would be my two daughters and my step daughter, who by the way I always treat all three equally. They've certainly looked after me again this Christmas.

I'd certainly see to their mortgages and a bit extra for them, and all the grandkids.

At least I've got no debts whatsoever, and I am in good health and happy. I know people, and maybe some on here who are far wealthier than I am, but who suffer great pain and suffering. Also despite my occasional moaning, I'm happy which is something to be thankful for, as many people are stuck in a situation which is not ideal. 

Anyway, enough preaching for today, I'll just go and check Saturdays lottery numbers ! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Thinking back when I was at kid & probably up to about 25 I never mixed or knew anyone who owned there own house we where all scabby council house terrace kids, every kid on the street got a brand new Raleigh bike every year, but everyone in Radford had a relative working at Raleigh, I once got two when me uncle Gordon got a job on the lorries.

The skint & downtrodden knew & still know how to do Christmas, you can have everything & still have f-all. ;)

• Upvote 5
  • 11 months later...
1 hour ago, MargieH said:

Phil, don't foot massagers aggravate gout?

I think it’s port that aggravates gout Margie. After my last bout of gout I daren’t drink any alcohol at all - well I did have 2 glasses of champagne at breakfast but that was just to be sociable. Perhaps a small G and T before dinner tonight and just the tiniest glass of red wine to aid the digestion. Other than that I’m on the waggon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
On 25/12/2016 at 9:43 PM, carni said:

What a lovely relaxing Christmas Day, for the first time in 68yrs I have had my Christmas Dinner in a Pub. A very nice experience I must say, delicious food and no pots to wash after. It is very much on the cards again next year.

I tode yer It was on the cards and we did do it again today, paid for by my granddaughters daddy. Very nice. Three courses and I have finally learnt at a carvery, not to pile my plate up. As soon as you add the gravy, the food on the plate seems to double in size!

Present wise, from son and partner, a nice night gown and chocs and £50 in a card :biggrin: from daughter, all manor of bits and bobs, broach, scarf, Lippy, socks, face cleanser, slippers and  from husband a very nice dressing gown and flowers and face creams. No perfume today,  but 'Wedding Anniversary' tomorrow so watch this space. :biggrin:

• Like 2

What did I get?, a heavy head cold for one and haven't bothered getting dressed all day. Two nice shirts, leather belt (too small bless her), no booze or smellies this year thank heavens. A self stirring mug!? Biscuits and a puzzle, (build a spaceship with tiny nano sized Lego, and me with virtually zero patience). A nice Waterman pen. Ladies when buying for a man try thinking a bit more like one. Not to be ungrateful or critical but this pen is quite elegant, silver, very slim and I can't grip it. In a mans hand it's difficult to hold and use, Still love it though. Another puzzle type thing, this one is build a solar powered robot which I can see stands a very good chance of having free flying lessons!

Don't mean to come across as a grouch but i feel lousy. Merry Christmas everyone.

• Upvote 2

Had everything imaginable and a good dinner, but I too am full of cold, coughing constantly and a runny nose too.  Oh, and I've had no alcohol whatsoever either. 

I got a pair of Dubarry Boots, just what I’ve always wanted ....... well what I set my heart on about 2 months ago anyway!   Not the make of boots that are necessary or common in the suburbs of Nottingham as they’re classed as ‘country boots’ but I love ‘em.  Trouble is, I need help getting them off so if I wear them when my husband is away I’ll have to sleep in them smile2