Annual meeting of women drivers.

• 11 months later...

If women ruled the world? We do love, we just let you guys think you're in charge... lips0

Speaking of cars, I got a new one, it's a little white one and I don't even have to take my keys out of my purse to start it, which means less chance of locking my keys in the car! B)

Thats typical Elaine?

If you ask a woman what type of car she has, she says "a white one"

A couple of years ago, a friend of mine asked me to visit his address and

discuss the benefits of the net, so she would allow him to have a desktop or laptop.

Her first question was, "what colour will it be?"

Thats typical Elaine?

If you ask a woman what type of car she has, she says "a white one"

A couple of years ago, a friend of mine asked me to visit his address and

discuss the benefits of the net, so she would allow him to have a desktop or laptop.

Her first question was, "what colour will it be?"

3.5-liter V6 engine with 275 hp

5-spoke, 19 x 8.5-inch aluminum-alloy wheels

Rear Active Steer

Sport-tuned suspension

High Intensity Discharge (HID) xenon low-beam headlights with automatic leveling

Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS)

Sport-bolstered and -trimmed front seats

Climate-controlled front seats with internal ventilation providing both cooling and heating functions

Sport steering wheel

Rosewood trim

Aluminum pedal accents

Is that a better description??? I was trying not to brag to much, and being true to my sex by describing it only by color, but if you really want me to...

Actually, in that photo, it is sort of white...Ivory Pearl to be exact, but I agree it does look to be silver. It's an Infiniti M35. Have you heard of it? I don't know if you have them in Australia, Dennis said they don't have them in England.

Looks like a Buick or Oldsmobile to me.

Actually Baz, Infiniti is the make, the model is M35. I believe Infiniti is the luxury make owned by Nissan.

• 5 years later...
  • 6 years later...
1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

What’s a clutch?  smile2

I’ve driven autos for as long as I can remember but when I took my wife’s previous car in for a service last October I was lent a manual courtesy car. I was surprised how nice manual gearboxes are these days with smooth positive changes just like a hot knife through butter! I still wouldn’t have one though as I cannot see the point when autos are so relaxing to drive and you can still use the flappy paddles for steep hill descent and for more spirited driving. I have now to consider whether I would drive an electric car. Ultimately there will possibly be no alternative but even electric vehicles leave a carbon footprint somewhere in their power generation and they are more expensive to buy in comparison with conventionals.

2 hours ago, LizzieM said:

What’s a clutch?  smile2

Nice one Lizzie, think its a bunch of young birds :rolleyes:

A clutch is a desperate grab which doesn't get you anywhere as in "clutching at straws".    

When I was a driving instructor I had a very nice 54 years old lady who'd failed 5 tests. I took her out for 5 lessons in her hubby's automatic Merc & she passed, she nearly crushed me to death with her ecstatic hugs, she was one happy lady.... I've been driving auto's since 2010, I'm a bit lazy now, lol...

Hard to find a manual here, now.  I was opposed to them when I first moved to Canada after years of manual shifts in Nottingham.  A year or two of driving slush boxes soon changed my mind.

• Like 1

Other than rental cars when we’ve been overseas I haven’t driven a car with manual gearbox for over 30 years but I don’t consider it lazy at all.  

Exactly, it's purely down to personal preference. I've only ever had one automatic, and that was a Triumph 2000 estate.

Absolutely superb at towing my caravan !

My Volvo D60 is manual. I have driven an automatic and hated it. I also hate cruise control because I like to be in control. I drive the car, it does not drive me. I love driving my Volvo and I also loved driving a Peugeot Boxer van when we hired one. I am a little puzzled as to why we have a thread about women drivers that started in 2009 with nothing in the first post. Women are people and they drive. This is the 21st century.

• Like 1

I like cruise control too.  If you are going to drive 500 miles a day on the freeways it is very nice.  I guess I need one of those self driving cars.  Only problem is I could probably still lose it in Wal- marts parking lot.