January sales!!

Anyone got their eye on something that your hoping to be reduced in the jan sales??

..I have my eye on a new telly & sofa ;) lol Also looking forward to the clothes sale, i WILL be in town waiting for the shops to open on boxing day!!

I bought a new sideboard-cum-display cabinet a few weeks ago. Price £1850 - Autumn sale price £1350 - final haggled price £1,225. Well pleased with the result which is almost certainly as good as, or better than the January sales price would have been :o)

iv only got my eye on things i NEED, cannae afford things i just want :( boo!

• 3 years later...

If the occasion arises when I need some new clothes or such like, I go into 'panic mode'at the thought of going to town, trying things on :unsure:. I have discovered over the years that if I have any jobs at home that need doing, this is the time when they are likely to get done. Any excuse to put of shopping. I HATE it. So no chance of getting me to the sales! I will say it's only 'Clothes Shopping' that has this effect. Now Shoes, No problem!

My lot are off to Stafford this morning for the Next Sale among others. I will be at home :) preparing for my Bubble and Squeak Lunch Party at 2pm. :hungr:

• Upvote 2

Just had a wander around Bulwell, went into Poundland & chatting to checkout girl & she tells me she is working for normal rate of pay (minimum rate) on Boxing Day.

Young wench in Wetherspoons says the same thing, although they got double time for Christmas Day.

Absolutely disgraceful, in 2014 no enhanced pay for working these days.

• Upvote 2

Pay rates for shop assistants are minimum wage in most places, a bit better in the M&S's, John Lewis's etc. The worst bit is they're working on zero hour contracts more and more, so can't even rely on a guaranteed income. Then customers wonder why they look miserable.

• Upvote 2

At least they're not leeching off the benefits system. Good on em.

• Upvote 1

Totally disgusting companys like iceland putting their staff on limited hour contracts minimum wage, expect employees to be available when they want them ,then some prat votes them best company to work for.The worlds gone mad,how are kids in the future going to survive we

need to start paying proper prices and stop utilities companys

defrauding the public

• Upvote 2

Wages top ups are damn stupid ,why on earth should us as tax payers pay again through our taxes,how can it be fair for profitable big companies to expect a public on low wages to subsidise their workforce

we need to wake up and let all these companies have some outgoing,dont

forget some of these companies are fiddling their tax,remember the coffee chain,nobody gives a damn anymore but we should think of our childrens future.

• Upvote 2

I know what you mean, I resent subsidising the benefits system too. But with the taxes the governments robbed off me, I'd rather be supplementing someone grafting, than the lazy gits who won't get their arses out of bed and just sponge off society.

#20 who ? Lord tesco or lord sainsbbury,I would rather support no one

Other than genuine cases,a rich sponger is as bad as a lazy sponger,ones greedy and ones lazy,is one better than the other,and who always picks up the tab,mr average ,the honest grafter.

If you employ staff you pay their wages ,if you cannot afford their wages dont employ them simple,people are lost in a false economy.

You up very late taking photo Red was it cold.

Just a thought - watching news report on sales all shoppers seem to be Chinese !!!!

Funny you should say that Gem,been working all day today in a VERY VERY expensive clothes shop and saw individual customers paying over £1000 in cash for clothes,and many were Chinese. i also was VERY expensive.

• Upvote 3
  • 1 year later...