Favorite all time LPs - What was yours?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Late 60s, this one cost me 14/6d (72.5p) New. Stereo was in its infancy and this was a demo. A bit of class for you Label: Studio 2 Stereo – STWO 2 Format: Vinyl, LP, Compilation Country: U

Dolly Partons greatest its.

Some of the early Beatles fan club album had the labels placed on the wrong side, as I discovered when I acquired a second copy, also some were warped at postal sorting offices during a protracted strike! A good example can fetch up to £750.

I have a copy of Osibisa Woyoya, that my mate left in his VW Beetle midsummer 1970.

When it plays the arm of the record deck goes up and down.

I wonder if its woth owt?

• 1 year later...

The Animals first album. Great songs well sung.

Recently sold over 150 albums and 100 singles , I just play CDs now. Took them to a record shop in Langley Mill. I could have made far more selling on eBay but I wanted some cash for model railway equipment and a holiday.

• Upvote 1

Lynyrd Skynyrd - pronounced leh-nerd skin-nerd

Wishbone Ash - Live Dates

Deep Purple - Fireball

These were my most played during the 70's

Still got all my albums and singles, and a deck to play them on. They are still played and still sound better than CD's

In Search of the Lost Chord - Moody Blues was probably may most played album in the late 60's. Today I would have to say Eric Clapton's "Unplugged" gets the most play time!

• Upvote 1

I have just purchased a new cartridge and several styluses/?styli?( on ebay) for my very ancient music set up (40 years old ,purchased in Germany,been with me around the world now in Adelaide ) still in perfect condition producing wonderful music. (2 Direct drive turntables, Hitachi PS -58 and Technics SL -1100A). Still have hundreds of L.P`s Many ,many favourites,but the happiest memories flow from Bob Dylan`s work and Beethoven`s

Violin Concerto in D major, op.61. Coming close behind,Art Garfunkel (alone without Paul Simon).I bought it to celebrate the birth of my eldest child at Wegberg in 1974.!

It's got to be Dark Side Of The Moon for me.

Yes I love this album too and it is often played, but I didn't discover it until 10 years ago when my husband moved in and brought it with him, which is strange because I had Relics so it's not as if I hadn't heard of Pink Floyd!