• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

basfordred

Me!

It's not funny Fynger!

We have tapes of Jasper Carrot doing stand up comedy, well more like little stories really. One he talks about the local nutter getting on the bus and of course, coming to sit next to you. He'd shout as he got on the bus, Has anyone seen my camel? Jasper always made us laugh, and this one [and getting rid of the mole in his lawn] always sticks in the memory.

• Upvote 1

Jasper Carrott- first heard him on local radio in Birmingham, difficult to understand his accent then....................Loved his songs too, Funky Moped & the classic Chastity Belt :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: .

Armadillo Crossing? Aard Vark?

"Aard Vark never hurt anyone!" <Spike Milligan>

Jasper Carrott- first heard him on local radio in Birmingham, difficult to understand his accent then....................Loved his songs too, Funky Moped & the classic Chastity Belt :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: .

The "B" side of "Funky Moped" was more Interesting "Majic Roundabout" was a clasic.

• Upvote 1

He was doing a promotional tour of radio stations when one of the DJs apparently flipped it to innocently play the 'B side' . The airwaves were turned rather blue to the sound of his 'new' version of "The Magic Roundabout"

Don't listen if easily offended !!

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...

I think the truest eccentric I ever saw was a chap in Norwich. I've no idea who he was/is; never spoke to him or saw him again. He was wearing a gaberine 'mac' over sky blue track suit bottoms; black highly polished Oxford shoes and had his hair smartly brushed back with (I hope) Brylcreme. He carried one of those old imitation leather carrier bags, and he didn't give a stuff!. What I admired in him was the fact that he wasn't trying to be eccentric or fashionably unfashionable. He just didn't care.

Bugger, would like to have heard that. My favourite local nutter, sorry, eccentric, was Stanley at Crich Tramway Museum. He used to collect sections of tram track from around the country, not quite what you think. If a council were digging up a road he would turn up with a hacksaw if some track was exposed ( as it often was in those days ), then spend hours sawing an end bit off. This was added to the labelled but jumbled up pile at the back of one of the tram sheds. Stanley actually got on national TV when he was featured on the Tonight programme one evening . I recall going to Crich one day with my old man who always took a shine to eccentrics, and Stanley took us off to give us a lecture on his pile of rusting bits of track, it was priceless.

• Upvote 1

Jasper,a very funny man,liked him in 'The Detectives' as well.

Reduced to that crappy show 'Golden Balls' suppose the moneys good though!

Who in Gods name wears an anorak these days ?

Sorry Lizzie, wouldn't upset you for the world.