Anyone else love winter?

In a way, im quite happy summer has gone.. I love autumn and winter! So many things happen in winter as apposed to the summer (Bonfire night, Halloween, Christmas...) My birthday is in a few days, but like every year, im more excited about Halloween! Anyone else prefer winter and/or have a favorite 'winter holiday' or a favorite thing about the colder months? Mine has got to be the fact i get to use my beautiful fire and i can snuggle with my daughter under a blanket!

Winter is short and can be bitter here, so easy to get frostbitten! I prefer fall and spring, the times I can usually get a lot of work done, summer is too hot and humid to get anything done here.

I try to still get out and do a bit of walking and enjoy the different seasons in that way. It's nice to end a walk at a pub with a roaring fire!

Generally speaking it's the dark nights that I don't enjoy, as opposed to the winter weather which I can put up with.

One point, it might well be generally drier in the winter than the summer these days!

The first crisp frosts are great but in deep mid winter when the temperature up here falls to -25°C and everywhere remains frozen solid for weeks on end (sometimes) it becomes a bit of a nightmare.

I shall fit my snow tyres at the end of November and they will stay on until end of April.

I must be a lunatic :crazy: I love winter, long walks in the snow, sitting beside my log fire on a cold winters evening, real food like steam puddings and stews,

I live in France in a mountainous area called the Vosges, and winters here are quite long, so in this area if you do not like winter you have to lump it...............

I'm with Bubblewrap - the older I get, the more I dislike winter! Which reminds me, time to change the oil in the snow-blower and get it running!

Can't wait until Mary retires and we can load up the RV and head south for a few months - at least to avoid shoveling snow! However, a trip out west to do some skiing would not go amiss...

I must be a lunatic :crazy: I love winter, long walks in the snow, sitting beside my log fire on a cold winters evening, real food like steam puddings and stews,

I live in France in a mountainous area called the Vosges, and winters here are quite long, so in this area if you do not like winter you have to lump it...............

I'm kind of in your court, Melton. Appreciate that winter brings it's hardships for many but wishing it away is a bit like wishing your life away. (I'll probably regret saying this in a couple of months time!) I like to make the best of it though, as you seem to do.

Can't remember when I last heard anyone in Nottingham praising the long ,cold, damp and dark winters.

It doesn't seem that long, since some members were sick of winter, and couldn't wait for summer.

Pixie,do you honestly believe there is more to do in winter than summer?

I enjoyed the summer outdoor activities with my kids,dreaded the restrictions of the winter months.

Winter in Florida is a few cold mornings,having to wear jeans and sox,instead of shorts and sandals.Those of you fortunate enough to visit here in winter know what I mean.

2010snow2.jpg

My front garden in winter

Backgardenbirds002.jpg

My back garden in winter, something magical about the place when it's covered in snow, every bodies garden looks the same

Rog

• 3 weeks later...

First snow of the winter fell in Scotland last Thursday. Four major roads only passable with care and many minor roads passable by 4x4s only.

Photographed from the train:

download.jpg?gl=GB