Are you a morning person or a night owl?

Used to struggle going to sleep early, staying up till silly oclock at night. Recently iv found myself going to bed by 9pm and up at 5am... gotta admit, i prefer being awake early in the morning, see the sunrise with a cuppa before the other half and little'en wake.

Very unusual for me to be up past 10-00pm at night, I worked shifts most of my life and spent many a happy hour after midnight walking the pit in a zombie state.... Couldn't give my best during the night..

Definitely a morning person. Struggle to stay awake past 9pm and up with the lark in the mornings. I've never watched the late night shows on the telly, nor the 10pm news, come to that!

I'm a night owl, maybe it's because I always had to go to bed early as a kid. When I got older I could stay up and when I got really older I could stay up all night if I wanted to....lol. When my youngest son comes home we will sometimes stay up all night, just talking and 'chewing the fat' as they say. We'll have a beer and finish with rum and coke but we never get drunk. We don't mean to stop up all night, it just happens. My eldest brother is the opposite, he's up at 0530 everyday. WHY...!!! he's retired, what does he want to get up that early for. He spends about £40 a week on bird seed so maybe it's to feed the wild birds in his garden...lol

In summer I'm up by 6 o'clock & down the allotment by 7 o'clock(most days)

This goes back to when I had to be at work at 7.30(after a two and a half mile walk)& i find it difficult to "lie in"

In winter(dark mornings I gt up a little later but still generally up by 7 o'clock.

I still go down the allotment in the morning this time of the year weather permitting.

Routine depends on work commitments.

I had too many years of working shifts in the print trade with 5.50am starts to be a great lover of early rises these days. Appreciate it can be a pleasant time of day though - especially if you're not heading off to a factory for twelve hours.

Jeez catfan, 4am?? Then again i was wide awake this morning at 3, couldnt sleep so went and had a cuppa then went to bed.

The cats didnt look impressed, they sleep in the kitchen because im scared of them breaking something in the night, they just sort of lift their heads up and look at you with one eye open asif to say 'If you havent bought food, get out and come back at a more acceptable time!' haha

:biggrin: From your description Pixie, I can just imagine them: 'Those Darned Cats!' :biggrin:

Cats are great! i have two, they have so much personality, dunno what id do without my kitties! :D

Id love to let mine have the house at night, but im pretty worried about them breaking something or getting at the guineapigs within the night. Mine are two very pampered boys, one thinks hes a dog and walks around with his favourite toy, he also sits on the window ledge meowing till the fella comes home or sits ontop of doors. He refuses to go outdoors, the other one is the softest cat iv ever known, my daughter pulls his whiskers and tail, he doesnt bat an eyelid! Bless him. Hes a proper mummy's boy, cant even go for a wee without him crying at the bathroom door.

Wouldn't you just know it - I'm an oddball! My sleep pattern changes with the season. At this time of year I like to lie in because it's dark, cold, damp and miserable; going to bed around 11:00pm(ish) but in summer I like to be up early and bed late. Although in summer I tend to fall asleep on the settee for about a hour each evening about 8 o'clock.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Wouldn't you just know it - I'm an oddball! My sleep pattern changes with the season. At this time of year I like to lie in because it's dark, cold, damp and miserable; going to bed around 11:00pm(ish) but in summer I like to be up early and bed late. Although in summer I tend to fall asleep on the settee for about a hour each evening about 8 o'clock.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I resemble that remark!!.................trouble is I'm still working, so must be out of the abode by 7 of the clock!! AM