What instruments do you play

I had a few lessons back in the 50s with Jack Joseph behind the Theater Royal my dad had picked up a monster 120 bass Piano accordian must have weighed as much as I did , I remember taking a guys knee out getting it on the bus. Jack dumped me pretty quick as my goal was to play everything Allegro or faster I still have that problem even now.

Started playing the guitar about 4 years ago, I think I could have done something with this if I had started younger.

Into------------ Pink Floyd, The Who, Rolling Stones & the Eagles, Can play a few songs from each.

Cant read music but can play with TAB & memory.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

E-yar, Carni. managed to find the link, Hadn't posted it. No wish to bore anybody, May bring back a memory or two. Still a bit slow and timing is not consistent. Vdeos really take you down a peg

As I wrote in #18 I played the flute with a group called Hawthorne, I remember on one occasion, I tried to do a Jethro Tulle and play standing on one leg, but gravity or too much beer, got the better

I can play the piano a bit

I'm jealous Mr Pianoman. We had a piano for years and all the time I kept meaning to have lessons but never got around to it. In the end we gave the piano away to a neighbour, Wild Willy Barratt. Have any Nottstalgians heard of him? He's a total nut-case!

• Upvote 2

I made a few records back in the day, but I can't actually play any instruments, I wouldn't know the front end of an oboe from the back, so I'd probably end up blowing in the exhaust pipe, or whatever you call the bit the wind comes out of.

And I can pick out tunes with one finger on the piano, but only if they are tunes I make up as I'm going along. I couldn't play anything "real" on it.

My late Mum never took any piano lessons in her life, as far as reading music, it might just have been Arabic to her, and yet she could listen to some music and within minutes play it on the piano..She played two handed and used all the keys, black and white...My guess is if she'd learned music and taken professional piano lessons she could have been a first class pianist.

Me??? I did start learning the guitar, haven't touched one in years, my finger tips are all soft now...LOL

• Upvote 1
  • 6 months later...

Thanks for the encouragement, folks. That was a lift on a Monday morning. I really suffer from stage fright. Even having the video camera looking over my shoulder triggers it. I play at church every few weeks and even though among friends it still causes me to make mistakes I do not usually make when playing alone. My teacher just says keep on going and when it comes to it that is all you can do.

• Upvote 2

Michael, # 35, yes that is the very same Willy. He called in to see us a few months ago. He's not changed a bit since we last saw him several years ago, still nuts and another wife (his 5th)

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the encouragement, folks. That was a lift on a Monday morning. I really suffer from stage fright. Even having the video camera looking over my shoulder triggers it. I play at church every few weeks and even though among friends it still causes me to make mistakes I do not usually make when playing alone. My teacher just says keep on going and when it comes to it that is all you can do.

Like one of my teachers said to me when I was about to play in public "Don't bother about that lot they are ignorant" It's often said and its true. None of that lot in your audience can do it, if they could they would be showing you how to do it. Now get out there and play!

• Upvote 5

Is that the Mirror man Lizzie?

Some years ago I bought our girl an Auto Harp, she never showed any interest, maybe I should learn to play it?

As I wrote in #18 I played the flute with a group called Hawthorne, I remember on one occasion, I tried to do a Jethro Tulle and play standing on one leg, but gravity or too much beer, got the better of me and I ended up head first in the spectators.

• Upvote 6
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

E-yar, Carni. managed to find the link, Hadn't posted it. No wish to bore anybody, May bring back a memory or two. Still a bit slow and timing is not consistent. Vdeos really take you down a peg or two if you think you are doing o-k.

For best sound you really need headphones. Computer speakers have very little bass.

• Upvote 10

I play the ukulele not as good as George Formby (turned out nice again)every tuesday get together with a group of fellow psuedo musos play mostly blues a little Beatles,now starting to look at Tony Joe Whites Ice cream man and Polk Salad Annie.Blues and the uke is a bit out of the ordinary but it works quite well.

• Upvote 3

Loppylugs,

Thankyou for the video. It was kind of you to walk us through your Church and give us a little insight into your life.

I enjoyed seeing and hearing your progress at the Organ. You really are doing well and Abide With Me to end on was well chosen as it is a favourite of many people.

Keep up with the good work Loppylugs and give us another update soon.

• Upvote 3