summut serious

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Now that the chemotherapy has ended I am virtually back where I was before; being normal and not really aware of my cancer condition except for little things that

Right then Miducks. Today my Cardioligist has given me the news I didn't dare hope for. All of my tests results are good and I start reducing a lot of the Heart Meds over the next two weeks. Starting

My last report (page 31, post 770) had my PSA number down to 10.7. It had shot up to 61 before the horse pills (Enzalutamide) arrested its upward trend. Today I went for a routine visit to oncology at

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the hospital yesterday; I received the news I did not want to hear, but was expecting all the same. My PSA number is still rising, not by much but rising. So, the treatment I am receiving has lost its effect. I was asked if I wanted to volunteer to take part in a new-drug trial and I agreed and signed the forms. At my last visit I was given an information sheet that told me what would required of me should I agree.

The new drug is AstraZeneca AZD5363. It is being trialled at six major hospitals. A total of 150 cancer patients will take part, spread among the six hospitals. I asked 'why me' out of the thousands of cancer patients. I was just me displaying the right conditions for someone taking the treatment - countless others would also. Call me Chulla the Chosen

The regime I will have to go through is complex. so will say nothing at this stage, but will give chapter and verse as events arise. Of the 150 people taking part, half of them will be given a placebo - that might be me; I will not know, neither will the oncologist at the City.

There will be some preliminary tests before the actual treatment. The treatment will involve visits to the City to have the standard drip feed chemotherapy, and will be taking the AZD drug in tablet/capsule form twice a day at home. Irrespective of what side-effects I might suffer during the treatment, nothing is going to be worse that not having any marmalade; because it has Seville oranges in it and they, like grapefruit, are a no-no. Am now waiting for the letter that will start the ball rolling.   

NO MARMALADE.........!  What's the world coming to, when a chap can't have his morning treat !

• Upvote 1

Sorry to read your news Chulla.  We hope all goes well with the trial and we will all be rooting for you along the way miduck.

'Chulla the Chosen' Good name there, it has a Roman ring to it, don't you think!

Thanks everyone for the best wishes. Had a look at the Stage 1 test results of the AZD5363 drug, on the internet  (my treatment is the Stage 2). Looked quite hopeful. Whatever, the likelihood is that it will, in time, like the Decopeptyl and horse pills, lose its effectiveness. Hopefully by then I will be 100. (but a long time to wait to spread marmalade on me bagels)

• Upvote 2

Sorry to hear the news, Chulla.  I really hope the treatment will go well for you.  'Chulla the Chosen' sounds to me as if it could be a character from the Chronicles of Narnia.  (I'll have a word with Aslan for you)  I know you will stay positive..

I would like to offer my best wishes too Chulla.  You've been bravely plodding on with different treatments in recent years so let's hope this next course will be a success for you.  Chin up fella! 

You'll crack it Chulla, and come through it. All the best !

Well it's obvious isn't it Chulla! Astra means star, so you've been chosen because you're a star!

What's all this about being 100? I have it on good authority that you're only 25. You will insist on that photo of an elderly Errol Flynn to put people off the scent! 

You'll be fine. You gotta give that Benjamin a run for his money. Keep taking the tablets...we're all on em, apart from Loppy! Unless he takes em to keep his coat shiny!

;)

• Upvote 5

In the looks department I have nothing to fear from Benji. That 'tache puts years on him. Loppy is on Bob Martins, blown down his throat with a pea shooter. Me, a star!! Don't they burn out to become a red dwarf or a black hole?

• Upvote 4
  • #1020. In memory of your mam and dad. Jill.

Carni,  In memory of your Park Drive days.

• Upvote 2

#1023, Not a real smoker I see. Bette Davies puffed on that cigarette like a little Chuffer train. Now a real smoker would have inhaled the smoke right down to her toes followed by the blowing of a few smoke rings whilst exhaling the smoke, finishing off with a good old cough and splutter. No use offering Bette a real Parky! Pass the Snuff miduck!!

PS. So glad I managed to stop smoking, stop drinking alcohol, stop eating butter, stop drinking full fat milk, stop taking sugar/ sweeteners, stop eating barbeque food, stop drinking fizzy pop, only drink tea/decaff coffee, stop ?.....................:sleeping: