anybody been to the cinema lately and what did you see piggy and i went last night to cineworld, our first trip in about 20 years as we normaly buy or borrow a dvd we went to see 12 days a slave very impressed with the film and the cinema studio once we got in but not so impressed with its disabled facilitys before we went in long quees to get in no were to sit other than on the floors was told after that i could have took my scooter into see the film but thats no good after the eventand last night i had not got my scooter as it was in for a winter service.

trailer on for new film advertized book thieth about a family who helped hide jews in ocupied europe think we might go and see thatwhen it comes out looks like it might be a good film.

We went to see American Hustle a couple of weeks ago and need to see it again because I found it hard to follow!! It's up for Oscars in the Comedy and Musical awards ...... Yes it was amusing a lot of the time but I wouldn't class it as a Musical. Our son went to see it and he thought it was brilliant, maybe a younger mind appreciates it more.

i think like tellevision there are things that one person would enjoy but not anothersome of the things my sons watch i think what a load of rubish but they think its great.

on the whole i really enjoyed the film last night but did think it showed all the bad stuff of slavery i would like to have seen abit more of the slave commumity as a whole and thelife when they were not working.

We saw "Saving Mr Banks" a couple of weeks ago. Not a brilliant movie, but definitely enjoyable!

Went to see The Desolation Of Smaug a few weeks ago. Reading The Silmarillion at the moment which is tricky reading but the background to Tolkeins more well known books and puts the tales into perspective...I've owned the book for 40 years but this is the first time I've managed to read it...but back on thread thoroughly enjoyed the second part of the Hobbit especially as it was a night out with one of the daughters.

Babs #1.

You should try the Broadway Cinema on Broad St in Hockley. They have reserved seating/wheelchair spaces for disabled and you can hear the film you're watching without the racket from next door interfering like it does in the multiplexes. You can also book tickets in advance to avoid queuing. They don't sell buckets of popcorn or a gallon of coca cola either, so the worst you get is the occasional sweet wrapper.

We went there a couple of weeks ago to see the Nelson Mandela film. It was ok, but if you've read the newspapers over the years, you wouldn't have learned anything new.

might just do that nex time riddo but it was a bit of a spur of the moment thing although we had said we would go to see it at the savoy its a bit impractical at the moment as no car parking at the moment near so it would have ment taxis there and back defeated the object of saving a couple of pounds each they also have a special rate for over 50s on a thursday morning includes tea or coffee free.

The last time I went to the pictures we were on holiday in a 5 star hotel in Turkey, who had their own cinema.

Some years ago but I remember one film Lovely Bones. Before that the last time was to see Alien at the Odeon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KATEIvQx518

• 10 years later...

Nothing like the old 50s Musicals.......Mam and Dad loved em and took me to see most of them......i'm sure thats where i get my love for music and Dance from...

The 3 main Cinema's we visited were...The Vernon at Basford....Adelphi in Bulwell.....and the Mechanics in town......all easeally accesable from where we lived on Bestwood estate.......Bus stop outside our house....number 28 bus dropped us right outside the Mechanics.........Adelphi....number 17 bus 200 yards from home....dropped outside......then the Vernon in Old Basford 20 minute walk from Bestwood......halfway there on Southwark street was Mams place of work 'Pearsons' lace factory...and remember so clearly waiting for Mam finishing her shift  5 or 6 oclock...with me Dad........big smiles and hugs then down the hill to the Vernon.........

Always on the way home from the Vernon it was Fish and chips from Marlow's......(still a chippy these 60 odd years later.).......i was an only child until i was eleven.....so was well spoilt.....by the nicest parents it was possible to have.........

• Like 4

Seven Brides is one of those films which reminds me of my childhood....not because I saw the film at the time, but because my dad had the soundtrack LP.

He had a large collection of LPs ranging from classical to 'Light' to things like film soundtracks, and this is definitely one I remember.  The others which stick in my mind include 'Oklahoma' and 'South Pacific'. I knew the songs and the music years before I ever saw the films.

• Like 2

We don’t go to the pictures very often but the other week we went to the very lovely, cosy and comfortable Broadway Cinema to see Bob Marley’s ‘One Love’  We’ve spent a lot of time in Jamaica over the years, for work and leisure, and we recognised a lot of scenes in the film.  We’ve stayed at Strawberry Hill high in the Blue Mountains above Kingston and owned by the founder of Island Records Chris Blackwell.  There’s a room full of Marley’s gold discs.  Mosquitoes were a big problem up them there hills though!   Our company accountant in Jamaica is also the accountant for the Marley family so we were able to get a visit to the Marley Museum for nothing.  

The first film that I can remember going to see was at the Goumont Nottingham. Not sure how old but it  was with my mum and  brother, the film was Bambi!  what sticks in mind when his mum was shot I remember sitting there crying my eyes out, next I was laughing and laughing, at this new star called Thumper the rabbit, he was showing Bambi how to thump the pond make sure that it was frozen enough to walk on. Then the last screen was a very misty morning and this fully grown stag came out of the mist, yes it was Bambi,  What a beautiful picture.

Quite a few years one morning myself / master/ and chase the dog were walking in the grounds of Chatsworth house and it was early morning., it was very very quite and mist was swirling all around us, and Yes Out of the Mist came this beautiful  magnificent fully grown stag. Even Chase our dog  just looked and never moved an inch.

• Like 1

The last film we went to see was Octopussy ( Bond),

back in the early 80s. It were a little cinema in Deal, Kent. I nodded off, so 'er indoors moved a couple of seats away, to get away from my snoring.

• Like 2

There was a mighty Wurlitzer in The Granada Cinema at Mansfield. According to Our Mansfield website it is now at the Scarborough Fair Collection at The Flower of May Holiday Park in Scarborough and is still played regularly.

5 hours ago, Beekay said:

The last film we went to see was Octopussy ( Bond),

back in the early 80s. It were a little cinema in Deal, Kent. I nodded off, so 'er indoors moved a couple of seats away, to get away from my snoring.

Hi Beekay  sorry I have a better one than yours------- 

If any body has seen Billy Connolly  live he doe's not like any one going to the loo whilst he is on stage but me I fell asleep and even when he was  shouting and taking the mickey out of me I never heard a thing. The master pretended he did not know me and that i was not with him and just went to the bar.