Would this stop you drinking?

This photo is from 1919. If I was around then it would have given me the incentive to drink myself to death! [posted to me by a friend]:

noname%2520%25283%2529.jpg?gl=GB

• Upvote 7

There is an excellent documentary about Prohibition in the USA. Perhaps the most interesting fact is that it caused an increase in alcohol consumption!

All

I'll take my chances on the open seas !

• Upvote 1

A nail bar, hairdressers, beauty shop???? Mefinks, you'd need plastic surgery for that lot...LOL

• Upvote 1

And Eric, prohibition also gave rise to the American Mafia, caused a lot more harm than it cured, that's for sure.

You're quite right, I always liked my girlfriends to be clean, casual and elegant looking.

A gallon of Screech Owl might improve their looks.

That's me drinking it not them ;)

Mind you after a gallon of Screech Owl even Ann Widdecombe would look...............?

• Upvote 1

Ann Widdecombe ?

If you were to show a picture of Ann Widdecombe to a potential suicide bomber & said that is the sort of virgin that awaits you (& don't forget you get seven)

Maybe they would think again :)

• Upvote 1

I didn't know who Ann Widdecombe was (hasn't made it over here), so I Googled her... thumbsdown

You guys owe me BIG TIME!

• Upvote 1

My MIL and ex MIL are there.

Nothing and nobody would ever stop me having a drink. Luckily I got more choosy the more I had. Not like some folk, a few beers and they'd end up with some absolute monsters.