Sheriden Smith as Cilla

Just finished watching the tv series "Cilla" on tv here in oz. (I recorded it to watch a little later than it was shown) what an amazing portrayal by Sheriden Smith ! Wow what a brilliant actress.

Cilla was never my cup of tea, but got to say I loved the series and the story.

I didn't realise till the credits that Sheriden also sang the featured songs. More classic and brilliant UK tv, keep it up please, so we can get it here instead of the dross the Aussies appear to keep pushing out.

Just love any uk tv programs we get over here.

• Upvote 3

Can't remember her in Benidorm, but can in the series with Ralph Little, Two Pints of Lager or whatever, I didn't really like that too much.

Also in the Royle Family with that other brilliant scouser who's name escapes me at the moment. Ha ha a spark occurs ! Ricky Tomlinson !

I watched the series when it came on the Tele. Just out of curiosity. I liked one or two of Cilla's songs but most of the time her voice was too shrill for me. Sheriden Smith was fantastic as Cilla and I got to really look forward to each episode. It really took me back to the feeling of the early 1960s. The part where she would sit outside the phone box waiting for her call is exactly what I used to do on Margaret Cresent Gedling.

Another one to watch if you can is 'Little Voice'. The main character is played by the brilliant Jane Horrocks. She does all of the singing herself . I won't say too much incase I spoil it for you. I forgot to add that Little Voice is a Film not a Series.

• Upvote 2

Ah yes, Jane Horrocks in little voice,one of my fav. films . Filmed in Scarborough with Michael Caine.

Cilla Black was always horrible to Bobby, she was a trump up nobody with a lousy voice like a cat chorus - He had a great singing voice and would have done well for himself, should have cleared off..............

Cilla was a plug ugly Scouse ginger whinger. Not beautiful and gentile like Marianne Faithfull .

What a cow she was to poor old Bobby !!!!

Sheridan Smith such a great actress especially in Mrs Biggs and soon to be In a role playing the courageous Lisa Lynch.

She was brilliant as Mrs Biggs.

Can take or leave Cilla but this little known tune is still one of my favourite songs

But if you prefer silky smooth , Dusty's version might be preferable

• 2 years later...

Just been watching Sherridan Smith on catch up (well first 16 minutes) she's now singing, I found it quite hard to watch because she's now covered in a load of scabby tattoos, real bad tattoos, a great big one covering the top of her arm & one covering the back of her hand ....... It's really put me off her & I did really like her!

What's up with theses girlies? 

• Like 1

Nothing is wrong with them it is their choice on how they wish to look, if people don't like it then don't look.  One of these girlies may not like beards or bald men so will avoid them.  As has been said before be boring world if we all liked/looked the same and no I don't have a tattoo. 

• Like 2

Not convinced me they look shocking, I thought she was loverly tattoo...less, that one the back of her hand is shocking ... supposed to be a roll model? The way shes going she have a full sleeve of tattoos very soon? Horrid not for me duckie :crazy:

Before & after

Sheridan-Smith.jpg

MAIN-Sheridan-Smith.jpg 

She's certainly getting into the right shape for it.  Large boob'd, heavily tattooed chavvy slappers ! Ugh ! No class !

• Like 1

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes Gem. I'm all for freedom of expression, but some just take advantage of the facility ! 

• Like 3