What IF there was no Nottstalgia ?................there would be no meet ups in weatherspoons on winter evenings, no banter between strangers on a boring day in Bulwell, No interesting stories on times gone by and no fun on a Friday when the fires gone out .....

• Upvote 6
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I said to my husband the other day: "WHAT IF I hadn't come back out of the Nurses' Home at Leicester Royal Infirmary on the night you and your mates were hanging around outside hoping to pick up a nur

What if... Bono found what he was looking for? What if ...John Lennon hadn't imagined all the people? What If ...Elvis was never caught in a trap? What if... Men at work were not given a vegemite s

What if....The young girl in the Eastwood café hand't turned suddelny and spilt her coffee all over me? I'll tell you what - I wouldn't have been divorcing her for running away with the milkman13yrs l

I WONDER if it was the same fine gentlemen that were up my 'ass' for a mile or two on the m/a 42 coming back from Birmingham a few years ago,i was in the outside lane (of two) and could'nt let them pass if i wanted to (which i did'nt).When their BMW finaly did pass me after much blasting of horn and flashing of lights plus fingers shooting pretend gun and throat slashing signs.

Anyway a mile or two down the road i slowed down on the inside lane because a black BMW with the same Gents in seemed to have had a 'blow out' i thought 'oh how awful and after giving them a 'cheery wave' sped off home to good Old Basford.... :biggrin:

Sounds like a scene from only fools and horses Benj.

• Upvote 1

In Russia at the beginning of the 20th century (actor/director) Stanislavski talked about the "magic if"; this was a process where actors could transcend the confinements of reality by asking what would occur "if" circumstances were different.

Seems like we are all at it now. It is great fun!

I said to my husband the other day: "WHAT IF I hadn't come back out of the Nurses' Home at Leicester Royal Infirmary on the night you and your mates were hanging around outside hoping to pick up a nurse or two?" My friend and I had just come off duty In the evening and were making our way back to the Nurses' Home when we saw 3 lads hanging around outside. One of them was twirling a piece of mistletoe - it was nearly Christmas - and as I passed he said: "Give us a kiss for Christmas, Duck." I tossed my head (as you do) and carried on into the Nurses' Home. When we got inside I said to my friend that he looked quite nice and would she come back outside with me. We quickly got changed, went outside and they were still there. We got talking, went to the Bowling Alley with all three of them and by the end of the evening I knew that he was the One I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

If I hadn't gone back outside, I would probably never have seen him again (he lived in Melton Mowbray and said it was a one-off decision to be there that night) I wouldn't have had our 3 lovely children and 6 grandchildren and my life would have been very different. Why am I telling you all this.........

• Upvote 9

Margie, Because many happily married couples can look back to the time that they first met and think - what if I hadn't done that, said that, or whatever.

• Upvote 1

What if....The young girl in the Eastwood café hand't turned suddelny and spilt her coffee all over me? I'll tell you what - I wouldn't have been divorcing her for running away with the milkman13yrs later, that's what!

• Upvote 6

We know what's on you mind hippo girl !!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2