End of the world weekend

BW, wouldn't bother me too much, I'd be too busy surviving.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite right too Chulla. As I have already said, each to their own. We are all different having different opinions & views on many things in life. There are certain other aspects of life I find of

As is obvious by now, mentioning religion to me is like waving a red rag at a bull; I have to have a go at it. At one time the thread looked a little heated but it has calmed down (sort of) and we are

I don't think we ordinary people would be told if it a massive asteroid strike or similar was imminent. I'm with you on this one, Blondie. Logically, I agree that there would be no point getting hy

Somewhere in another part of the universe (or a parallel universe) Adam is about to bite into an apple.....

For the apple it's the end of it's existence, for Adam (and Eve) it's the start of a very long discussion that still goes on to this day....

• Upvote 2

But there would be nobody left Bubblewrap, not even Tony Blair.........

He'd be up the creek without a paddle like the rest of us..

Thank you for your kind words NewBasfordlad. My idea of a fanatic is a wild eyed unkempt person yelling and fussing with a big sign about the end of the world. I do not do that neither do any of the JWs I have met do that as far as I know. :-). Unfortunately its the whackos that get the rest of us a bad name. True with most things I guess.

John. Seems like a bad solar event would be the end of the world as we know it but recovery would be possible given enough time. Even the Lords return is not total destruction. More so a cleansing and restoration for want of better words. The Bible speaks of a thousand year millenium, then new heavens and a new earth. Thats going to be interesting. See Revelation chs 20 to the end. Just a couple of chapters. Maybe half an hours thoughtful reading.

• Upvote 2

Every man to his own, i believe we are formed by in most cases by our Parents and what they taught us,then our own experiences of life thru the years,making you what you are today.

I would'nt say my Mother was religeous niether was she a 'Church goer',but she was a 'Believer' and was full of 'Biblical' sayings,scared the 'Crap' out of me at times.So i was bought up with Christian values,and had feelings of guilt when at times i did'nt live up to em.

Over the years in times of grief and sorrow,you go one way or the other and Question your beliefs,myself i, like my mother became a 'believer' and am content with that..........and what others believe i also respect.

• Upvote 5

So, back to the asteroid strike..... Just had a look in the sky and can't see anything, but there's a lot of low cloud so don't know what might be lurking behind (apart from the sun!)

There's still the Hadron Collider on full power - perhaps that'll be it?

Or perhaps we just need to get on with life as usual....... Sounds good to me.

Dave, sure recovery would be possible, but not in our lifetime, it basically would mean, survivors would have to start from scratch. Also, they could never reach the same high level of technology we now enjoy. All the easy got minerals our ancestors used to progress, are almost none existant near the surface, like coal, tin, iron ore, copper, etc, all the minerals needed to industrialize.

It would probably be a better civilization with natural population control due to lack of technology..Gee, how will the future kids get by without their Ipads or Xboxes....LOL

• Upvote 2

Probably be when we are least expecting it. That's usually the way it is. That's probably the way the insurance companies hope for. :-)

Your response came in while I was posting, John. I'm with you there. A reset might be good but we would probably get back to making the same mess of things after a while.

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems so RR, but you'd better find it before Saturday. LOL

• Upvote 1

Why Fly? Did somebody set a new date I haven't heard about? If so, no doubt it will be as accurate as the ones last week. If folks keep setting dates one of these days they might just get it right by the law of averages. Lol.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, I've not read all the topic. I just assumed that it was this weekend.

No, prime dates were in September, but the datesetters usually redo the math and say that they got it a little bit out, but it is certain for whatever new date they dreamed up. So as far as I know you are safe for a while.

• Upvote 1

If some asteroid hits earth, I just hope I've got my Jameson's or J&B in my hand !

Me too Michael, we've waited an interminably long time for it.

• Upvote 1

I was hoping for trouble yesterday in Loughborough town centre both the J.Ws & the morons Mormons were in the area

They could have talked to each other instead of bothering the public. hellothere

I was hoping for trouble yesterday in Loughborough town centre both the J.Ws & the morons Mormons were in the area

They could have talked to each other instead of bothering the public. hellothere

Perhaps they should bite the bullet, if they had any real belief in their convictions, then they should go out to Syria and Iraq and attempt to convert the 'So called Islamic State', nice fellows, perhaps they'd change their minds about things on both sides of the fence.

'Excuse me, could you stop cutting that throat, put that knife down for a minute and read this, sir'.

I was trying to load up the roof box on my car last week prior to going on holiday and the Jehovahs Witnesses kept trying to shove Watchtower down my throat, if they hadn't tried to hide behind their poor kids that they were dragging along with them for protection and self righteousness I would have told them to F off, bloody scumbags.

If anyone on here is a Jehovahs Witness or a nicely suited Mormon, no apologies from me, just get a bloody life and try to understand the realities of it.

• Upvote 1