FLY2

Ailments, Aches & Pains. (Let's hear them here)

The day I wake up without n ache or a pain, I will be dead......................

• Upvote 1

Well you had better come round.......

• Upvote 3

Well you are Leo and I am a Libra, so we should gell, bit of an age gap though..........

Well you are Leo and I am a Libra, so we should gell, bit of an age gap though..........

Oooooh, I fell asleep in the sun this afternoon.... Where's the Aftersun ointment!

• Upvote 2

Have to see the doc tomorrow & hopefully find out what the neuro consultant had to say & test results !

Catfan, hope it's good news tomorrow x

• Upvote 1

Trusting things will go well for you tomorrow, Mick. Hoping you'll have lots to purr about. thumbsup

• Upvote 1

Fingers crossed for positive results Mick.

• Upvote 1

Hope everything is well, all the best

• Upvote 1

Had some brilliant news today. Harking back to Darkazana's Diabetes thread. http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13433

I went to see one of the practice GPs this morning to have some tablets changed, yep no problem she said, here you go try these ones instead. Good !

Anything else i can help you with she asked. So I asked if she had my blood test result from last week yet ?

Yep, HbA1c now 39 ! Throw your diabetes medication away, you don't need em anymore she said.

Considering that in one year I had gone from 78 to 39 (should be below 42) In my opinion is an amazing result, especially for me. Well known for not having a lot of willpower.

I had not taken any medication since after last Christmas, just been keeping a close eye on blood glucose levels. This idea was given to me by the practice nurse at my Gps surgery last autumn.

A year ago it was the prospect of Insulin injections that finally persuaded me to knuckle down & give medication another try.

Another welcome bonus is that I have lost just under two stone in weight, which is always good, now need to keep the weight off ! Mrs Catfan keeping her sharp eyes on that.

So a great day, no more diabeted medication. All thanks to Darkazana's inspirational thread, a fantastic practice nurse & Mrs Catfan's unending patience & of course not forgetting the magical healing properties of Hobgoblin !

Praise the Lord !!

• Upvote 7

Well done catfan. All positives for you today. You have managed to turn your Diabetes around, lose weight and get off some medication. All this and you have done it without having to give up on lifes little pleasures of Hobgobblin and the occasional meal out at the Lime kiln, not forgetting Eptons. Really pleased for you miduck.

• Upvote 1

Well done Mick,.......right pleased for you.........

• Upvote 1

Me too . Yippee !

• Upvote 1

Took my body for an annual MOT type check at the Docs (with the practice nurse) last week & had bloods taken.

Just had a phone call from the doc's secretary , the doc wants to see you Catfan ?

Ah well, long wait until Monday next !

Sincerely hope you won't be 'Medically Banned' from HG and the Lime Kiln Cat!

Col

• Upvote 2