• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I log in once a day to see if anything new has been added to a topic that interests either hubby or myself.. I am not a Nottingham native (Geordie) but reading about other member memories of their y

feel a bit down today, so could i please get some online hugs, looking for that warm electric feeling, like sticking your fingers in the toaster. love my friends on Nottstalgia

Very nearly 5000 members!!

I log in once a day to see if anything new has been added to a topic that interests either hubby or myself.. I am not a Nottingham native (Geordie) but reading about other member memories of their younger days shows that it dosnt matter where your from lots of our memories are the same. I am not a frequent contributor but that does not mean that I am not a frequent visitor. We have a similar type of forum for the north east but the contributors do not intergrate with others. Rambled a bit "sorry" keep chat going.

• Upvote 6

Some valid points made re e-mail.

I can only speak for myself and that is that if I ever decide to drop out. (I don't plan on it). I will at least pm Mick to let him know why. If I just disappear you can assume I croaked.

Being so cheerful keeps me going. :-)

• Upvote 2

#24 I joined when I found this brilliant site while researching about Nottingham. I was born in Nottingham, as was my father. This site has brought back loads of happy memories, I have learned lots about the city from other members and I am completely hooked. The word games. jokes and chat is good fun and there is no annoying advertising like on Facebook. I also belong to a forum for the town where my grandfather was born. This is good and I had some helpful advice about street maps. I do not log in to that one very often as I have never lived there, just visited, and also they do not have the jokes, chat and word games that entertain and help to build a membership team. Nottstalgia has a team/community feel and many people like this. Perhaps some who do not post regularly are more reserved or very cautious in use of the internet. Whatever their views we can still hope they enjoy it.

• Upvote 4

There are forum sites where the total membership is over 250,000 members and they get a few thousand post daily, what you have to do is just "browse" the topics, they can have several hundred mods too!! One such site is QRZ, better known as "the Zed" an amateur radio forum. If you're a CBer, best to stay clear of that site though, but usually if anyone "flames" a member, swift justice is handed down by the no nonsense moderators, or the owner, Fred himself.

Just checked my profile, Ben. It told me I joined on Feb 20 2008. 8 years ago. Nearly my eighth birthday. Hard to believe. I was trying to find out my reasons for joining. I can't remember now so I was trying to find my first post. Couldn't find it.

Anyway, it was most likely out of interest in Nottingham having lived there for my formative years.

Just sort of settled into it like a comfortable old shoe. Sometimes post more often but I have always enjoyed some good interaction. One of the best sites on the web as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 3

We have on rare occasions been informed by family of the passing of our members.

Might be worth making it known, you would like your mates at Nottstalgia to be informed.

This would go for illness as well. Kind comments are always appreciated.

• Upvote 4

A good idea Mick. At least members would be aware of changes in fellow Nottstalgians situations.

• Upvote 1

Just looking at the A-name members list. There are many who joined years ago and have never made a single posting. These, and those with other names who have never posted should be deleted. I'm not talking about those who post once in a blue moon, but those who have never posted. It is highly likely that these people never log in to look at the Forum; if they did then they would have found something to talk about by now. Get rid of them and let's have a meaningful membership count.

• Upvote 2

I agree entirely Chulla. Let's also refrain from wishing Happy Birthday to non participants too. It seems such a waste of time, effort and space.

• Upvote 2

LL, your first 'like' was on 21 February and that was about your first car (I looked at the earliest page of the likes on your profile!) and that was a topic you started, so that might well have been your first post. Just call me Sherlock....

• Upvote 5

There are many who joined years ago and have never made a single posting. ... I'm not talking about those who post once in a blue moon, but those who have never posted. It is highly likely that these people never log in to look at the Forum;

Not only do they not look in, but they will have forgotten they ever found the site and registered in the first place, so there is no way they will ever come back. I've said it before but I reckon the explanation for many of those invisible members is drink :happy: .

Somebody goes to their local and has a few, comes back around midnight and browses the net for a while. They find Nottstalgia (whilst slightly inebriated) and register. When they wake up sober the next morning they've forgotten everything that happened the previous evening.

• Upvote 2

As long as you can remember your password. LOL

feel a bit down today, so could i please get some online hugs, looking for that warm electric feeling, like sticking your fingers in the toaster. love my friends on Nottstalgia

• Upvote 6

FLY2 (#36 'Let's also refrain from wishing Happy Birthday to non participants too. It seems such a waste of time, effort and space). I fail to see who you are refering to as I only add birthday wishes to members who've posted during the past year. Are you suggesting that only the 'chosen few' receive birthday wishes? It's Babs birthday (piggy and babs) in a couple of days but she hasn't been on Nottstalgia since February 17th 2015. After all that she's contributed to Nottstalgia do we just forget about her. You can say that if she hasn't been on here then she won't see the birthday messages anyway. That's true, but she may have a look and when she reads all your birthday wishes it may get her posting again. I put birthday wishes on Nottstalgia for people who've never posted a 'happy birthday' message to anyone but they've loved getting one themselves. These messages bring joy and happiness to the receiver on their special day but if you don't want to be involved then just leave it to those that do.

We all get them days Terry................but you know we all luv ya'............so get a grip and be careful where you stick ya fingers...........lol.

• Upvote 1

Dead right Benjamin, in the winter here,it can be bleak and the social network is piss poor...that said I am the only dasEnglander!! around....

As regards Birthdays, Michael is so good at reminding us,plus who's to know that person could be shy,depressed, very ill or just plain lonely- I never underestimate what happens to folk when the front door is shut!!

A little greeting on here might be the only wish for some poor soul.

A little bit of human kindness goes a long way.

Michael, I didn't realise that you scrutinised the posting list. Sorry..... God , that's all I ever seem to be saying these days!

• Upvote 1

I really hate the Winter now,its as ive got older and blood thinner,also admit to a bit of the S.A.D. syndrome,especilly when i 'm up at 4am,.........always try to get away for some Sun in the Winter its such a Tonic.........years ago i loved the Winter,......it made people dress proper as well.....lol.........nowadays first bit of Sun no matter what time of year,blokes are poncing about in Shorts and exposing Feet...........i'd prosecute em.......lol.