The Weather !

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In Bulwell town, with aching feet, People fainting in the heat. Tar is melting on the road, Makes a change, it's usually cowd. Leenside joys for John and Sarah, Basking at the Notts Rivi

Last sunday 10c today 25c . Sunday even coats couldnt keep us warm, today and tonight light weight clothes and not even a cardigan. Crazy or what?

Currently in Shark Bay NW W Australia, been hovering around 26-28C last few days, bugger winters here again !

Definitely no let up here. Heavy rain against the window and leaves in abundance flying down Hucknall Rd !

Where I am in East Anglia, it's just very occasional light rain today.  Certainly not enough to need a brolly

As its been totally stormy and windy here, I wrapped Mrs Flys Christmas presents whilst she was out this afternoon.

Well that's one job I won't now be panicking over........Mmmmmmm , I've spent too much again I see !

• Upvote 1

She bought them, I just owe her the money now .

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

It's pretty warm this morning, considering we're in the middle of November.

I noticed that the council (or their contractors) are still cutting the grass on verges and open spaces. Did that used to happen in the "good old days" ?       I'm sure the grass-cutting season used to finish before now.

I’m still cutting mine every week. I’ve just given the equipment the annual oil and filter changes and I’ve resharpend the blades but I think the cutting will go on ‘til Christmas at this rate. Since I’ve had mulching mowers I’ve never had to clear up any leaves. They’re just chopped up very finely and disappear quickly. Best mowers I’ve ever had with so much work being saved in not collecting grass clippings. 

Went for a short walk yesterday. Up onto the ridge which is the only thing sheilding us from the worst of the fierce westerly's which can happen here.  The full flush of autumn colour only really kicked in here in the last week or so, but sadly the strong winds are taking the leaves off the trees almost before we can enjoy them.

It was a real shock to the system after the remarkable weather we've had of late.  Just after 4 pm and already going dark.  There's a lady who keeps a few ponies on the top of the ridge.  She was there feeding, mucking out and whatever and I stopped for a quick chat.  She was of the same opinion.  Not exactly cold, but a persistent wearing sort of wind.  We both commented on how the almost idyllic view over towards Liverpool had been transformed and was now bleak, dark and decidedly uninviting.  We spent a little time discussing how we both looked forward to getting past the shortest day, then I set off down the track along the ridge, taking the long way back to the village.

I really do not like this time of year , but I do force myself out into it as much as I can.

I'm off out now for a quick walk.  May see if I can bring a few photos back.

• Like 2

Well the bleddy wind has broken one of my Green Man / Smiley Face wall plaques by blowing it off a fence panel. 

Oh ! It's the only one of about a dozen that Mrs Fly hung up. Mmmmm !

Went for my walk. Even took a few pics, but forgot all about them until now.  I'll post them later..