You know you're getting old, when....................

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I call this ageism!! Getting old, sure, but a few months ago, by chance, I got back together with my first love who was at BGS, we hadn't seen each other for 45 years. We've both had incredi

You know your getting old when your son's got a bus pass!

You know you're getting old when you can't find your way around the new version of Nottstalgia.

I call this ageism!!

Getting old, sure, but a few months ago, by chance, I got back together with my first love who was at BGS, we hadn't seen each other for 45 years.

We've both had incredible life experiences over the years, but that initial spark between us has remaind somehow. We've just spent a long weekend together, we climbed the 1300ft high Malvern Hills, listened to a violin duet play Bach in Hereford Cathedral, had fun.Old age for me now is one of adventure and new horizons, I look forward to a new life ahead.

• Upvote 6

Firbeck, I hope all your expectations for the future will be fulfilled.  My brother has lived in Malvern for 64 years so I have climbed those hills many times, though not for the past couple of years.  Living in flat fenland, my muscles aren't as good as they once were!

• 2 weeks later...

Bus terminus 59..............Katrina.............God I loved her.........she loved a Babycham in the 'Elwes Arms'...........lol.

• Upvote 1
44 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

Where was the 59 terminus Catfan?  

My local bus was 69, Killisick Estate was 52, Surgeys Lane was 20 and Redhill was 57.  

69 was wendy...........lovely girl but not adventurus,......52 was Jane.......very plain........20 Christine a bit too much talked marriage all the time...........and 57 was Jill just too posh for me..................lol.

Clifton wow,cant fault you caftan...............could write a book,a real mucky one........used to take my dates from Clifton to the sun inn' gotham............if her Daddies rich take her out for a meal'.......if her daddies poor just do what you feel................lol............never met a rich girl from Clifton...............lol.

• Upvote 1

Also Oakdale Road was mentioned as well as Aspley & Broxtowe, Bilborough too, St Anns, Medders..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................!

Just had an invite in the post today, to view a property in a luxury retirement village.

Cheeky bu66ers ! I'm not that far gone yet. ! 

In bleddy Wales too no less ! 

• Upvote 1