All going wrong

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Football is/was the beautiful game..........nobody loved the game more than me.......played till i was nearly 40....loved Forest and County...........however money took over alot of years ago now....

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any more unbelievable and ridiculous.....   Forest 1 - 0 Liverpool.

Forest in 2nd division......early 50s   Run by a commitee.. Reserves in Midland league.. Trent end 1/6 Players going to Ground on the Bus... Had to take a job in Summer

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Beekay said:

So how did the Forest v Brighton and Hove match go?

What was the result?

Best not to ask

10 hours ago, Beekay said:

So how did the Forest v Brighton and Hove match go?

What was the result?

I think the title of this thread says it all Beekay.

Oz probably needs a break after Forest's recent displays.

They slipped down to 15th after Fulham's late win last night.

Mind you Notts didn't really get going in South London on Saturday. They went 2-0 down before half time then hauled it back to 2-2 before giving it away and finally losing 4-2 to a team of Wombles!

To add to Nottinghamshire woe Mansfield lost their unbeaten record at Swindon.

Derby got a win to climb back into the playoff positions.

Both Notts and The Stags have a chance to redeem themselves tonight as they both have home fixtures.

Notts County captain, Gerry Carver came to our wedding as a guest, way back in 1965. That's my total knowledge of football.

edit..Just had a look on  t'internet. Well done Seagulls.  slywink

21 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Notts County captain, Gerry Carver came to our wedding as a guest, way back in 1965. That's my total knowledge of football.

Beekay I've followed Notts since 1959 when my dad first took me.

Gerry Carver was a loyal servant for Notts in the early to mid 1960s. He was an excellent captain in those dismal years.

Back then Notts would only get attendances of two or three thousand it was very grim until Jimmy Sirrel arrived.

I had a wretched time at school as Forest were doing very well back then in the old first division and nearly all my school chums followed them.

Some years ago there was an old farmer, Peter Woodward, in the nearby hamlet who was a dedicated fan of County. One year, when there was deep snow on the pitch, he drove his tractor with loader all the way to the ground and shovelled up the snow so they could play a match. All the County team and staff turned up at the village church for his funeral when he died some years later.

28 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Some years ago we had an old farmer, Peter Woodward, in the nearby hamlet who was a dedicated fan of County. One year, when there was snow on the pitch, he drove his tractor and loader all the way to the ground and shovelled up the snow so they could play a match. All the County team and staff turned up at the village church for his funeral when he died.

Phil,

The good old days of community spirit.

A bad day at the office for Notts and Forest this last few days.

Both lost at home with worrying performances.

Notts got knocked out the FA Cup with by gifting three goals to the opposition (Shrewsbury). Their defence performance was unbelievably bad. Playing out from the back has been a feature of Notts game for a while. The problem is their defence seems to lack the quality to manage it.

Notts have a formidable strike force and midfield but the defence is shocking.

The rumours are for two new defenders coming in in January. I bet Luke Williams is counting the days.

With a half decent defence Notts should make the playoffs at least.

Here's hoping that the new arrivals next year will turn us into a standout team in L2 for the right reasons.

Forest looked very poor yesterday but at least they know how to defend. It's their attack that seems to be toothless.

Changes are needed quickly to halt the slide.

But what changes? A new manager, new players (hopefully strikers) or a new owner? 
I worry about the owner. I can't put my finger on it. He's put in lots of money but I don't think he inspires confidence.

I think Forest suits his business model so I don't think he's going anywhere soon.

thumbsdownForest just lost 5--0

I think Steve Cooper is a decent bloke and lots of his players (who he probably didn't sign) are taking the p**s.

The great spirit in the club when Steve got them promoted has now evaporated.

The expensive overpaid prima donnas are now dragging the club back into relegation territory.

Do they care? Of course not. They've all got very lucrative contracts that have made them very wealthy even if they're fired today.

I feel so sorry for hard working genuine players like Ryan Yeats who put in a shift every time they play.

Steve Cooper has been badly let down by his players.

The club is in a mess and it will take a very strong and experienced manager to sort it out.

The best managers in the world can't perform if they're not left to it.

Recruitment and team selection have to be left to the manager/coach. If people who don't know about football start influencing these decisions then the  trouble starts.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

First post for a while -still on the injury list but recovering.

Forest - Continue to sink deeper into the relegation mire. Losing to Spurs at home in front of 29,000 fans to a goal in each half. Spurs had 4 yellow and 1 red card. Despite the sending off Forest could not capitalise on the man adavantage. Surely things are getting close to a change being necessary. Home against Bournemouth on 23rd Must be a chance for three points.

• Like 3

Hi Oz  Nice to see you posting again, glad to hear your on the mend. 

"Well what can one say about our RED MEN????"      

Watched the game, they   seem to be trying so hard yet never getting there?    Spurs played not bad but spent more time on the ground than playing football. The Red men have got to go up a gear or two.    

Both my grandson's follow Forest, I always speak to them on that old fashion thing called a phone!   The youngest grandson Jenson will answer his phone, and if the Reds have lost he just say's

"" I  just don't want to talk about it  phone me to-morrow please gran" 

But like that song Tomorrow never comes  I do hope the Red Men realise that they are putting a wedge between me and Jenson.

County - Notts are off the boil and it continued with a 3-1 away loss to mid table Harrogate Town. Fell two behind in the first half. Pulled one back in the 67th minute only to concede again one minute later.

Away at top of the table Stockport on Friday, on current form I can't see a win in the offing, but a draw would by good. Stockport hammered a hapless Sutton United 8-0 on Saturday, I hope the Maggies can do much better.

Stags - A solid 1-3 away win at Crawley keeps them one point out of an automatic promotion spot with a +19 goal difference which may help at the end of the day. Crawley had 4 yellow and one yellow/red card. 1-1 at half time and Stags claimed the points with two goals in the second half. Away at bottom placed Sutton United next weekend. Must be a banker for 3 points.

• Like 1

Notts were woeful yesterday and never seemed to get going.

They have looked a totally different side to the one a few back.

Palmer is badly missed and nobody in the squad seems to have the quality to replace him.

I'm not looking forward to the Stockport game on Friday. Notts might spring a surprise but current form suggests they won't.

I'll be hiding behind the sofa watching it just the same.

Forest are in trouble. Cooper is such a nice bloke and is very popular with the fans but his tactics just aren't working.

The teams below them in the table have started to pick up points whilst Forest have gone from bad to worse.

The upcoming game against Bournemouth is a must win to restore confidence but Bournemouth have now started to perform and are the in form team. I think if Forest lose Cooper will go but it's all been said before and he continues to survive.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Mess said:

but his tactics just aren't working.

Mess, I think their choice of signings has been woeful since they returned to the EPL. Far too many midfielders and defenders and still no out and out strikers. When I played at quite a good level our coach said "all you have do is score one goal more than your opponents". On a positive their goal difference is currently better than the three clubs below them. I don't know who is responsible for buying the players but from my standpoint they have failed miserably. If Cooper leaves who would they replace him with, any suggestions?

20 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

If Cooper leaves who would they replace him with, any suggestions?

Nuno Herlander Simões Espírito Santo

You heard it here first.

4 hours ago, Mess said:

Nuno Herlander Simões Espírito Santo

Another defender as a coach?

Admittedly did well at Wolves but not so good at Spurs. Win rates of less than 50% with EPL clubs, is that good enough?

Next question for "Messtradamus" is, .... when?