Compo

Whatever happened to......?

I just hope that if he decides he wants out he would put some one else in charge or sell it.  It would be a crying shame if it closed.  So many good folks and good memories on here.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, loppylugs said:

sell it

I wonder if Amazon or Google would be interested :biggrin: 

• Like 1

Temporary, password restricted databases, worked in the closure of newsgroup's I was in, about 2007.

Most people had no intrest in 'social media' back then, thus the community died..

To this day I have no intrest in Facebook, 

There's some really good Nottingham pics on PinIntrest..shame I will never be able to view them.....

loppylugs I can understand your views regarding Facebook, despite all the stories about it , there are many sites which are very interesting with photos and memories about Nottingham. "Nottingham way back when" is one which I visit regularly and find it very informative. There are also many others.

• Like 4

My wife is on it Trogg.  So if I really want to I can see stuff there so my attitude sounds a bit hypocritical.  I just don't like the cynical way in which they seem to use their subscribers to gain advertising revenue.

• Like 1

Don't like the format of the modern internet, for me the 'Golden era' was pre broadband..Although 2006 to 2010.. will probably be remembered as the best historically.

Loss of interaction between individual blog's was a major blow for me..

6 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

No interest in TwitFaceGram here either

Nor me Oz.