How's your day?

My mother used to suffer from ear wax and, every two or three years, she'd be down at the surgery having them syringed out after a week or so of putting in Earex drops (which came in a ridged glass bottle (poison). In more recent years, she was advised to administer a little warm olive oil to each ear. Finally, the medics said they didn't like doing it as it could cause damage to the eardrum.  Now, many GP s don't want to know. It does seem to depend on where you live.

I'm lucky, I suppose, in that my hearing, at pushing 66, is pin sharp and any wax in my tab holes seems to come out independently. I can't bear water in my ears and always wear a shower cap in the shower.  However, if I thought I was losing my hearing I'd be first in the queue for a hearing aid. As someone once said, if you're visually impaired people will fall over themselves to help you cross the road...even if you don't want to go! However, if you're hearing impaired, people will treat you like an idiot and just shout at you.  Besides, I would hate to miss anything.

• Like 3
  • Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, IAN FINN said:

Get your tabs vacuumed out Beekay.

I'll nip round to Plantfits and he can jet wash me tabs.

• Like 1

I freely admit to being a bit, well maybe a lot. of a dinosaur, but really is it me ? Am I the only one that thinks 'fashion' is one of the biggest cons of modern times?

Vivienne Westwood's own wardrobe raided to be used in Paris catwalk show - BBC News

Let's raid the ragbag for any old tat and get a standing ovation as we prance down the catwalk looking like we're desperate for the loo...

• Like 3

Brew remember you have to make a living some how.

Living yes but not a fortune , to QUOTE Sid and Tom 2 good friends of ours   ""HOW MUCH"" of course both were from ? dare I say

up-North

Yorkshire

• Like 1

If i don't laugh i'll cry..............my morning in Bulwell was a total disaster....not been for over a week so was looking forward to it........

Anyway whilst driving there my 'Speaking Valve'' fell out...Turned out i'd put the wrong one in......so now i'm Voiceless...but eh-ho i'll get by with a few bits of sign language.......

I was really hungry so ordered a big breakfast in Jeromes'' using sign language in a fashion......was really enjoying it when my ''Essential Tremor kicked in...causing me problems using the fork..splashed the food around somewhat but persevered and finally managed to eat most of it....

Oh and just to round my magic morning off...my teeth fell-out half way thru Breakfast.......LOL

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Good job i weren't on a date...............obviously told the wife when i got home.....she's still laughing.......bless her....:laughing:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Oh and just to round my magic morning off...my teeth fell-out half way thru Breakfast.......LOL

Sorry Ben but had to laugh What an awful thing to happen. Will they let you in again?:rotfl:

• Like 1

Just read a Quote LizzieM.......

As we get older our capacity for enjoyment shrinks......

But not our appetite for it...........

Very true i believe....

Read the quote 5 minutes ago....and can't remember who by.....:crazy:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Read the quote 5 minutes ago....and can't remember who by

Mignon McLaughlin...  ;)

Yesterday I was at a friends Goodbye RIP and my daughter in law told me of another person who had passed away. The person was a friend of mine's daughter, and she was only in her late 40s she has left 2 children a girl 14 and a boy 19 she parted from her husband quite a while ago.  As we had moved away I had not seen my friend for quite a while, so I took the bull by the horns and gave her a ring, I think she really appreciated some one else to talk to.         

RIP Sarah                                       

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

Yes Beekay, everyone is in shock over England's whupping by the Kiwi's in the world cup.

Yes I thought we'd got  a reasonable score and took an early wicket. They looked good at the start then I got my Granddaughter from school got back home and bang its over. Hope the Reds can do the same tomorrow. 

It would appear our very own Miss Sparrow has a secret sideline, or maybe moonlighting.

Miss-Sparrow-socks.jpg

I'll try and get a better picture.

• Like 1

Well if youv'e got some, that saves me buying them for yuz. We have them for sale in our little centre pop-up shop. Other patterns available.

( Shan't bother with a better picture now,,).