How's your day?

Cheers mate thumbsup thank you for your reply. Still got one third in the colours and half in the black, so no rush. Just a bit unsure which to get. B.

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I’ve not yet had to change the inks in my Epson but I would imagine that pouring the ink in direct from the bottle on that model could not lead to an unfamiliar cartridge being detected by the printer. Having said that I’ve had no problem with non-Canon cartridges being detected and rejected.

That was the main reason why I bought an Ecotank. Had Canon and H.P. printers but got fed up with constantly having to buy replacement cartridges that only carry a minute amount of ink. Read somewhere about expensive per mil that inks were in comparison to gold etc.

I’m expecting some AA Duracell batteries today. Just checking on Amazon they started out in Germany, were flown to East Midlands, were transferred to Redditch and then sent to Doncaster from where they will be delivered to me to day. It saved me a trip into Southwell though!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Spoke to my friend about  printer drivers for Win 11. And by the way our printer isn't Canon..it's Brother.  My DSLR is Canon.  He says we had to get the driver from Brother's's website, but that the issue was to do with the order in which we did things and it came down to  getting the driver onto the PC first and only then switching on the printer..  or vice-versa... :blink:

If I did loads of prinitng I'd get one of those thinmgs with big ink bottles. .. they do seem to work well.

As it is I got our last lot of inks from: https://www.stinkyinkshop.co.uk/?msclkid=faf60a2053b113254fcb6f091c066476

..no complaints.

2 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Spoke to my friend about  printer drivers for Win 11.

I refer my honourable friend to my previous answer... ;)

Yebbut.. you didn't say exactly wot I sed...:P

22 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Same here. I think my Ecotank inks will follow me to the grave!

Well, that made me laugh...

I read it as follow me to the gravel

(Doesn't take much to amuse me)

How's your day Beekay? I have just blew out the under under ground lawn spinklers and vacuumed the leaves up ready for the big freeze. I have to put the winter snow tires on the car but it could be difficult with my back/leg problem but one of the grand kids will do it. Are you working today or a day off anyway have a good weekend and everyone take care.

Heyup Ian, I trust you are well. Yes, I have been working today and will be tomorrow. It's our busiest time of the year.

Would'nt have it any other way though. Been volunteering up at Sheffield park for the last 15 years since retiring, but still not gone in for the Autumn colours. Take care, regatds to all.

Well not posted for a while we have been on holiday in Norfolk. Arrived back Friday 13th from "Potters" Hop-ton-on sea Norfolk. We had a nice time Staff give 100% customers service nothing is to much trouble, Entertainment (Show Time) evenings is just live seeing a top show in London, the compare Jack is just ""Brillant" What made my holiday though was seeing my brother and his wife, he is 7 years older than myself I think last time I saw him was about 5/7 years ago as he lives quite a way from me.  The thing is none of us are getting any younger and we don't know what is round the corner.

• Like 2

It looks like it is that time of year again.

Sitting in my front room and saw something run into the hall, thought it was a mouse for a minute. When I went to look it was an enormous spider, and I mean enormous and built like Anthony Joshua, I had a bit of a panic as it was too big to go into my spider catching container. 
Went into kitchen and got my big plastic jug and put it over the top of it and then had to decide how to get it outside which involved getting it into kitchen, down two steps and then out my French doors into the garden without hurting it or perish the thought touching it or even worse unleashing it back into the house. 
Very gently pushed the jug along the floor giving it time to move as well, got it over the silver bit which joins the passage and kitchen floors up to the steps. It was getting a bit agitated by now so gave it a breather whilst contemplating how to get down the steps. Got a large old mug and put that on second step then carefully manoeuvred the jug and managed to get it into mug. Had a bit of a panic as it started to climb up the mug so quickly put it back into plastic jug then out into next doors ivy. Job done.

I did wonder how long I had been sharing my front room unknowingly with this monster and just hope it hasn’t left any friends behind. 
I do have one in my side room that comes out occasionally to say hello but quickly scuttles back under the skirting board, whilst I protect it from the dog, once we have exchanged greetings. It is welcome to stay there as I don’t really use that room for much of anything just storage of garden furniture this time of year. 
Anyway hopefully this will be the first and last of the big ones I get in this year.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

A large ish spider came and sat next to me on the carpet yesterday as I was fiddling with the new gas fire. I re- located him over the fence to next door...

Today I have been cutting the grass because it needed doing but also to keep busy. I'm getting 'wound up about my second knee op tomorrow. Not worried  by the op itself as I know what happens now. It's just the thought of weeks of Rehab, physio and a fair bit of pain.. Still...has to be done..

• Upvote 1

Col, Is your op in the morning or afternoon?  I like to know these things :) 

Hope all will go well for you and the post op days are much less troublesome than last time x

Hi Marg, and thanks. They seem to have two 'intakes' daily..one at 7:00 a.m. and one around 11 ish.

Last time I went in at 11 ish and 'went down' around 1:00 ish

So I'm guessing  I'll be 'going down' around 9 ish.

• Upvote 1

All done. Enhanced Care for a bit.then onto ward. Op was calm and peaceful. I was much more awake and aware than last time, but no pain. Still dead from the waist down which is better than from the neck up.:wacko:

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1