• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

12 hours ago, denshaw said:

The government grant is £7.5k which brings down actual cost to £5.5k. I'll let you know what running costs are when it's been in a while.

I the cost is not so important as the noise level. be interesting to hear your views after it's up and running.

• Like 1

Air source units have rather large fans running when they are working..  At around 60dB it's not a massive noise but it is constant, how bothersome that is depends on where it's installed and how much you can hear inside the house - and whether it affects the neighbours.

• Like 1

The cost after Govt. subsidy is almost twice the cost of my new boiler.  However I applaud you for your Green credentials.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, letsavagoo said:

It is reported that at the AGM of the National Trust it was revealed that the calendar for volunteers shows dates for Eid and Diwali but non for Christian festivals, Christmas and Easter prompting calls that the trust has become too woke. If this is the case I have to concur that this is ridiculous.

We are long time members of the NT and I am aware that they have previously got themselves in a bit of a lather as many of the grand houses they look after have historical connections with slavery. 

Huge swathes of UK property, business, banking and private individuals etc., have historical connections with slavery.  That won't change.

Is it possible that the NT calendar you refer to assumes that in a nominally Christian country, most people know the dates of Christmas, Easter and other Christian festivals, but are less likely to know, Eid, Diwali etc.?

But at the printers the extra cost of printing a couple notes is so small it can't be measured, why miss them out?

Most calendars are printed from a standard form. It must take a deliberate effort to eliminate those dates just as it needed a decision to include the non-Christian ones. 

59 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

Huge swathes of UK property, business, banking and private individuals etc., have historical connections with slavery.  That won't change.

Is it possible that the NT calendar you refer to assumes that in a nominally Christian country, most people know the dates of Christmas, Easter and other Christian festivals, but are less likely to know, Eid, Diwali etc.?

It’s an interesting thought but I’m unconvinced. They should have included them and I’m sure the vast majority will agree. 

• Like 2

It's that time  of year again. Have noticed on all the tv channels that all the charities, well known and some obscure ones nobody has heard of. All are coming out of the woodwork. Donate this or sponsor that. If you contributed to every one, you'd be broke in a month. Call me a Cynic but where does it all end? The list seems to be endless.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, DJ360 said:

The cost after Govt. subsidy is almost twice the cost of my new boiler.  However I applaud you for your Green credentials.

As far as I can ascertain it’s about 15 years to get payback on a heat pump. Looking at the actuarial tables there’s an outside chance I might break even if I installed one today. As we had a new gas boiler installed in 2020 it’s a non starter. The previous one lasted for 25 years.

@BK.

PITTYBREW URGENT CHRISTMAS APPEAL

Today marks the tenteenth anniversary celebrations of our millennial organisational resources  going forward with our plans to implement four-dimensional asset options. And today the Pittybrew needs  your help to initiate a more contemporary reimagining of our financial management reserves and provide a  solution that can only be responsive to situational vicissitude if we are to avoid a mid-course correction.
Pittybrew believes in outside the box strategic matrix approaches. Mugging is no longer the go-to or preferred solution  of old, we need a more blue-sky approach to integrated incremental flexibility and revenue collection.

To avoid this imminent catastrophe please donate all you can by direct debit...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

As far as I can ascertain it’s about 15 years to get payback on a heat pump.

It's not just the unit though, most installations means upgrading radiators, possibly pipes and insulation to get the benefit. Heat pumps work at much lower temperature than a combi hence bigger rads or running for longer. It's a tricky one...

It’s a bit like electric cars. It’s good that some people are prepared to buy them in order to progress their development and ultimately they will become the way to go. I’ve regularly been to the fore in adopting new technology but electric cars and heat pumps still have a fair way to go. Quite a few people I knew who installed solar panels never lived long enough to recover their investment!

PITTYBREW APPEAL...

Sir, we more than delighted to add your appeal to our list of receipiants. However, please be aware you in an extensive queue.

You are currently behind ...Polar bears, Donkeys, Puffins, Cats, Dogs, Red Squirrels, Leopards, Tigers, Penguins, Otters, Lesser Spotted Nutwurzels, Homeless Second home owners, Lewes ex bus conductors etc. The list grows daily so we have to appeal for a new computer to cope.

Your servant sir.

• Like 1

Tents and sleeping bags are from various charities, no idea where they shower and shave though..

Here's a thought. We can find accommodation for the 8000 odd that arrived in August, but not for the 3000 that had to sleep rough during the same period,,,

• Like 3

Kath can you msg me again I’ve lost it trying to find previous Msg. I use my phone and there’s no way I can get onto pm

Heat pumps are popular here in Ga.  Probably more for their air conditioning value than heating.  We have one and have been very satisfied with it.  Most use forced air to circulate heat or cool air.  I have never seen one heat radiators.  Noise levels are low from the compressor which is outside.  There are backup heating elements for if it gets too cold outside. (very rare here)  They don't kick in often.  We have no gas in the house.  Power bills are reasonable.  Higher in summer when A/C runs more.  Great for our climate.