How's your day?

Just got a bottle from Sainsbury's, Kimberley today. 75p cheaper than Morrisons and tastes just as good. Oh, and you will find with the Italian wines  :ohmy:

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Yes Mr Pianoman  sir but what about your carbon footprint from Eastwood to Kimberly or did you use your bus-pass? 

Pianoman 

Don't take this to much to heart please!

I looked in Sainsbury's in Derby last Friday but they didn't have any Mavrodaphne. Tesco's don't seem to have it, either.  I see @The Pianomanhas taken a shine to it.  Oh, and Mary, I went to Derby on the bus to christen my bus pass!! I'm an OAP now, you know.

2 hours ago, mary1947 said:

Yes Mr Pianoman  sir but what about your carbon footprint from Eastwood to Kimberly or did you use your bus-pass? 

Pianoman 

Don't take this to much to heart please!

Bus pass!  18 months now since I last drove a car.

No, Phil. You wouldn't like it. It's horrible. I shouldn't bother if I were you. I have to force it down and I'm sure Malcolm is the same.

In addition to which, it's becoming too well known and there's none on the shelves.

Give it a miss, Phil. Do yourself a favour. :wacko:

We get 3 buses a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday through the village from Lowdham to Newark and return. It would give me 3 hours in Newark. If I miss it I’m stuck. Trains run daily from Lincoln to Nottingham and we have a railway station but for some strange reason most of them don’t stop and it’s a mile walk to the station.

I recently went to Chester to collect a sewing machine and was impressed that I could get the train half a mile from my door direct to Crew and then one change to Chester. Trains clean, on time and cheap although I do have a discount card.
I’m served by the same village bus 3 days a week as you Phil. I’ve used it outward bound a few times but never got the return. It stops 20 yards from my door.  If I’m going to Nottingham using the bus, which I used to quite often I will drive to Southwell or sometimes Thurgarton where I leave the car and get the 26 service which are reasonably frequent.

The problem is that there are often no parking spaces in Thurgarton as commuters take them up. But what would I want to go into central Nottingham for, there are very few attractions now? Amazon bring me everything but food and I’d rather chuck my other purchases in the back of the car rather than lug them onto a bus. The complaint in this village is that not all passenger trains stop at the station. They used to.

2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I’ve been reading some Madrodaphne reviews and it is a desert wine, so not to my taste. Your supplies are safe!

Phew.  :blink:They do make a dry version but I've never tried that as I don't care for dry red wine.

The main reason I go into the City is to get some use out of my Bromley House membership. I used it an awful lot a few years back when I was doing a heritage lottery funded project on my grandfathers WW1 letters home but rarely use it now. I’ve considered cancelling but like to support it and also it’s handy when Janes shopping. 
When I said park at Thurarton Phil, I meant up near the hairdressers and catch the bus to town opposite the Red Lion. I fell out with the hairdressers a while back when I parked outside and they asked me to move as it was where their customers park. I put them right.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, letsavagoo said:

The main reason I go into the City is to get some use out of my Bromley House membership. I used it an awful lot a few years back when I was doing a heritage lottery funded project on my grandfathers WW1 letters home but rarely use it now. I’ve considered cancelling but like to support it and also it’s handy when Janes shopping. 
When I said park at Thurarton Phil, I meant up near the hairdressers and catch the bus to town opposite the Red Lion. I fell out with the hairdressers a while back when I parked outside and they asked me to move as it was where their customers park. I put them right.

I’ve read about that library. It sounds incredibly interesting with its spiral staircase and gardens. I believe Ann Treneman, the Times journalist, is the recent past president.

33 minutes ago, IAN FINN said:

The best wine is in Boolwell phil take bens word for it.

I’ve never taken wine in Bulwell. At Mellish the bottles of beer that we had hidden in a vaulting horse to celebrate the last night of the school play in the 6th. form were found and confiscated. There was no punishment, the staff drank it!

• Like 1

It’s been a most unpleasant wet day. We’ve just returned from darkest Lincolnshire. The Trent’s right up to the top of the bank at Fiskerton. It’s come over on the A617 Kelham road so there’s a diversion and the traffic’s horrendous. I did buy a piece of antique jewellery for my wife’s Christmas present and we picked up some exotic food from Lincoln M &S on the way home so I’m flavour of the month at the moment!

• Like 1

Last evening we went to the Mapperley Park Residents Xmas Party at the local tennis club.  Despite the wet weather it was very well attended and what was great was we didn’t have to pay to get in, plenty of wine and nibbles!
I got chatting to a couple I’d never met before who’d moved here a couple of years ago from Leighton Buzzard in Bedfordshire and we discovered we had loads of mutual friends.  We lived there for several years when the boys were young and still see the friends we made in those days, plus the kids are still running the family business in the town.  
It was a lovely evening, I wore my Xmas jumper too!