How's your day?

You are correct BK but last time I tried, it seemed to have changed so I didn’t bother.  

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Just posting this to see if I can still do it. It's my next painting project...

Screenshot-20240423-170947-You-Tube.jpg

• Like 3
2 hours ago, MargieH said:

You are correct BK but last time I tried, it seemed to have changed so I didn’t bother.  

Have you tried deleting postimage and starting again by re-downloading it, for a fresh start.

That might be the answer BK but to be  honest I can’t really be bothered!  I have no photos I want to share anymore - nothing anyone else would be interested in anyway.

I read all the posts on NS (except the word games) but rarely post anything as I feel I’ve exhausted all my memories - at least all those that I would want to share!!!

And I  don’t want to keep endlessly repeating things…… 

I am very content with my life and will continue to enjoy reading all the threads (even though I don’t necessarily agree with - or relate to -everything I read….. ).  But that’s just the same for everyone else isn’t it.
Thankyou BK for your advice x

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Now then, Beekay taught me how to do it like this on my iPad. 
sign in to Nottstalgia. At the right hand side at the top of the page there’s a “+” symbol. Click on it and it will bring you to Google search. Enter postimage and from the suggestions click on postimage.org. Go to “choose images” and then photo library. Click on photo you want to use and click “add” in the top right hand corner.

You should the get an “upload completed” screen. Go to the second option down “direct link” and click on the right hand side blue symbol. It will say “copied”

Go back to Nottstalgia and where you would normally reply to a topic hold finger down in the box and select “paste”. Hope this helps.

Night night all Mrs B

• Like 3

The first thing is that your photo/picture MUST exist somewhere on the internet. This because this site will not HOST images, it will only host LINKS to images which exist elsewhere.

I used to upload my photos to a well known image hosting site called Flickr, but I've barelu used it lately.

So..what I do is upload anything I think is interesting, from my phone, to Google Photos. From there... I can create a link and post that link here. It's not ideal.. but it's better than nowt.

Still battling with a small Bathroom refurb.  If it could go wrong..it has.. and I'm not talking about my own failings for a change.. but faulty products etc... problems ordering stuff and so on..

So anyway.. I'm as certain as I can be that I have prepped the floor for the fitting of 'click vinyl'. That involved lots of sanding and even some planing of old original floorboards plus putting in some new sections. Next will be to put down hardboard lining. Who knew hardboard is supposed to be 'conditioned' for 48 hours by wetting it?  Apparently it expands, then shrinks after fitting to prevent lumps and bumps.  Amazing... And it seems you nail it down using a 'pyramid nailing' pattern..which nobody in the World can actually describe...

So the hardboard is going down tomorrow.. wet/dry/pyramid nailed or whatever...

As if I didn't know already.. metal knees really don't encourage kneeling, or the contortions of plumbing.. so that floor laying and plumbing are possibly the worst choices for a 'comfy' little DIYproject..

Still.. hope triumphs over expectation and I'm fairly certain that a protracted periond of 'prepping' has me at a point where it will all come together quickly...

I hope....:mellow:

P.S. I now have aches in places where I previously didn't even have places.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Nice to see Radford Red has at least reacted to post (Margie's) even though he hasn't posted yet himself, come on RR used to love reading your posts and enjoying your take on life

Rog

• Like 2
20 hours ago, LizzieM said:

We’re booked on an Alaska cruise later in the year, wonder what our chances of seeing a real whale are? 

I am sure you will see many.

It is approaching whale season here when the female Southern Right whales journey up from antarctica to give birth to their young. They often come as close to shore as 50 metres and they truly are an awe-inspiring sight, especially when breaching, tail slapping or just waving their fins about. You get a real sense of the size of these leviathans of the sea.

The original whalers who founded our township said that they were the Right whale to hunt as they yielded a good supply of whale oil, our states first export commodity. The whale watchers give each one a name as they can be distinguished by the barnacles on their heads

Victor Harbor causeway demolition approved amid concerns about noise  impacts on whale nursery - ABC News

• Like 1
9 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Who knew hardboard is supposed to be 'conditioned' for 48 hours by wetting it?  Apparently it expands, then shrinks after fitting to prevent lumps and bumps. 

I've used hardboard undelay more than a few times, never thought of wetting it, indeed took great care not to. I've never nailed it in fancy patterns - mainly because I'd never heard of it.

But nor have ever had a problem.

There seems to be varying opinions about not only wetting and nailing but also which way up to lay it, you pays yer money and takes yer choice i supposed.

Logically, smooth side up for 'floating' flooring such as I'm using. If overlaying with something which needs glueing down, then the rough side makes more sense.

Wetting is meant to make the boards expand slightly, so that when laid and nailed they shrink back and pull taut. A bit moot.in small installs maybe.

As for nailing.. I see the idea of 'pyramid nailing'. It's meant to have the same effect as, for e.g.smoothing wallpaper from the centre to the edges. To eliminate bubbles. That said, whether it makes much difference in the few aquare metres I'm doing is again a bit moot. I'm concentrating more on nailing to high spots, which still exist where floorboards meet,rather than forcing the board down into the low spots caused bu slight concave bowing of many of the boards. The hardboard should then 'bridge' those little lows at least to a degree and the pretty rigid click vinyl should do the rest.

What a wet morning, brightened up a bit now, well I've been reading through the pages of the local (to me) web site, someone complaining about kids down the next village shouting and carrying on, I replied "Sooner hear that than be deaf) well talk about opening the floodgates of abusive answers I received, what is it with people who only see bad in young people and are hell bent on condemning their every action, comments from "bad parenting" to "feral kids", well they got a few proper Nottingham answers from me and it seems to have made the problem worse, you got to laugh aint you

Rog

• Like 1
1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

IMG-20161119-0001.jpgWhilst I’ve still got the photo posting bug how about my 1985 Morgan 4/4 taken at Cadwell Park. That now lives in Australia. I stripped and rebuilt that.

Just reread that. I was fully clothed at the time!

28 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Bit of oneupmanship there Rog!

It was Phil, thought it fit in well with some other items of oneupmanship slywink

Rog

• Like 3

Never had a tractor, but I did drive an artic' with a 45ft. trailer. Dint belong to me though, it were the Coal boards.

• Like 1

It wouldn't fit in the communal car port, so traded it in for a mobility scooter for 'er indoors. ( summat that she's never bloody used !)

• Like 1

Hi bigg ears Well I can understand her in-doors for not wanting to use her Scooter. When I first had mine it was a bit of a come down from the JAG? but needs must, after bumping into the co-op waste bin, then backed into the butchers garage door, last but not least I  found out that my conifer tree would not move when I tried to go though it, so?? after having a new front on the scooter i think that I might have now got use to it.  I have also found out that i do have indicatiors on it, but comming up the tight road (Cars parked both sides) I have found hand signals the best, must say when I first passed my test to drive a car I thought that I would never use my hand signals but it just shows how useful they are. Best thing though what I like my scooter for is when I go to cross the main rd in the village and I can't see, there is always a nice gent who stops the traffic for me.

• Like 1

Mary stick with it, my wife was the same when she first had her scooter. She never drove a car so it was all new to her, at the start she was dangerous , I still dont go near her when she uses it, but on the positive side now she has used it for a while she has no hesitation in going most places on it. It has given her a lot more freedom and is out and about more than what she has done for years.

Wife back from Turkey.......arrived early hours.....woke me up and regailed me of her exploits.......she loved it..........only got chatted up once.......:rolleyes:.....got a lovely ''Tan''.......

Is that your gaff Phil ? If so, I admire your taste.

• Like 1