DJ360

How's your day?

It'll be a bit shorter tomorrow, though !

Been looking forward to the longest day but now I will miss it.

Has anyone noticed how the nights are drawing in ??   :rolleyes:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Compo said:

have a huge mouth ulcer just inside my bottom lip and my face is swollen.

I sympathise, compo. I suffered from them regularly when I was younger. My dentist said they were a scourge for many women as they were linked to the menstrual cycle. I grew out of it but doubt it explains your predicament! Speedy recovery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, denshaw said:

My day is very long today.

1 hour ago, MargieH said:

It'll be a bit shorter tomorrow, though !

1 hour ago, Beekay said:

Has anyone noticed how the nights are drawing in ??   :rolleyes:

And there's only one more Bank Holiday between now and Christmas.

I know you have had a lot of rain lately over there. Saw today somewhere that a heatwave is coming next week. Starting June 30 we will be in Ireland for 4 weeks, so thought we'd look at the long-range weather forecast. Maybe shouldn't have. Rain forecast every day. Quack quack.

1 hour ago, katyjay said:

I know you have had a lot of rain lately over there. Saw today somewhere that a heatwave is coming next week. Starting June 30 we will be in Ireland for 4 weeks, so thought we'd look at the long-range weather forecast. Maybe shouldn't have. Rain forecast every day. Quack quack.

It’s not called the Emerald Isle for nothing Katyjay, get a flight over to Notts, be good to see you again.

14 hours ago, Compo said:

Day not going too well...have a huge mouth ulcer just inside my bottom lip and my face is swollen.  I was looking forward to a couple of pints in 'spoons 'safto, too.

Bonjela.  It can be painful when applied, but it works.  I find best thing is to dry the affected area, put the Bonjela on and keep area dry for as long as poss.. which may be only a minute or so as it's in 'yer gob.  Repeat as necessary.

• Like 1

Hello again !  I must admit I missed you all so decided to look in on you all only to find I had never actually logged off and left. Anyway I am surprised and pleased to see we are sort of back to how it used to be, mouth ulcers/odd beatles/where to go and other odd topics. Like Lizzie I am sorry some of you are under the weather take care of yourselves.

Gem.   

Mouth ulcers....try toothpaste.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Beekay said:

Has anyone noticed how the nights are drawing in ?? 

BK no they're not, going the other way here. Three minutes more daylight here today than yesterday. I've had enough of winter already!

The sun has started its journey back down under and on 21st December it will be our longest day and summer will be well under way. If you live in Central Qld around Rockhampton the sun will be directly overhead. The nearest place to the UK where to this happens is somewhere in the Sahara desert/ Egypt/Saudi Arabia 

Just a thought about Bonjela. If you are taking other medication, apparently you should ask the pharmacist whether it is safe to use Bonjela. A friend of mine was recently told it is contraindicated with medications such as anticoagulants. I don't like Bonjela, personally. I always found the pain caused by applying the stuff was excruciating and the effects extremely short lived.

5 minutes ago, Lainiemisshome said:

Funny I should look at you’re post....just put some bonjela on my sore gum. However I washed it down with a glass of wine!

Ohhhh!  Glad I looked at where you live, I thought you might have a drink problem downing wine at 8 in the morning :biggrin:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

BK no they're not, going the other way here. Three minutes more daylight here today than yesterday. I've had enough of winter already!

The sun has started its journey back down under and on 21st December it will be our longest day and summer will be well under way. If you live in Central Qld around Rockhampton the sun will be directly overhead. The nearest place to the UK where to this happens is somewhere in the Sahara desert/ Egypt/Saudi Arabia 

I live near the South coast Oz., unfortunately nowhere near Saudi Arabia or Egypt. Come to think of it,  I'm not near Nottingham either.

Will consider popping over to Rockhampton for the day !:rolleyes:

I had a relative ask if they could take my boys out this morning as they were going walking with a friend and as I had things I wanted to do said yes. They arrived, got backpack sorted (water for boys, poo bags etc) and off they went. Boys went out quite eagerly without a backward glance, puts my role into perspective! 

Got loads done. Hoovered carpets without hairs appearing when I turned my back, washed floors downstairs without having doggie footprints all over them whilst they were still wet. Cleaned upstairs, battled with a hanging bag in the shower to put shower gel etc in, still can’t get the stupid thing to stick, so just cleaned the bathroom instead. Sorted out a few boxes (still have quite a few from the move last August that I haven’t emptied, need more storage), looked through some photographs I found. 

Finally finished, made myself a drink and suddenly realised how quiet and empty the house felt. Then they came back, waggie tails and tired, water bowls attacked and water dribbled all over my clean floors, hairs on my clean carpet. Lots of fussing and vocalisation about their walk. Relatives left, boys settled with me in kitchen, things back to normal. Heaven:biggrin:

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

You really know how to live life in the fast lane don't you SG. Should've took the dogs a walk yourself and asked your relative to clean house and fix bathroom fittings !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Lainiemisshome said:

Funny I should look at you’re post....just put some bonjela on my sore gum. However I washed it down with a glass of wine!

Hi Lanie, Welcome to another Nottstalgian down under, whereabouts are you in this wide brown land?

Thank for the ulcer tips, gang - tried them all over the years but to no avail. I get an outreak of ulcers about twice a year these days. They are about half the size of a five pence piece at their height and are very painful, expecially when they stick to my teeth in the night. They seem to co-incide with my biting a lip or cheek; so I'm thinking infection after a bite injury.  Tried all remedies but they never go until after about two weeks.  Just a few days left for this one to run its course........

Col, do your mouth ulcers itch?   :P

• Like 1

Sounds daft but my ears. especially  the left one itch quite a lot and have done for a good few years now - very irritating..

• Like 1

Right for spite left for love Brew. Somebody loves ya !!  :jumping:

It's my wedding anniversary, one year today. Off to Kraków for a few days.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Congrats Denshaw,  it's my 54th., this year. B.

Not going to Krakow, it just seems like it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1