• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part of the pleasure in spending your later years near where you grew up....is bumping into friends from 60 years and more ago.......\i constantly do this in Bulwell.....old school pals from the 50s a

Hey, Ayup Ben, pleased to see you back and sorry you’ve had health issues but hope you settle into your new home quickly.  Did you get out before the rent man called?   Just hope that a few of th

Moved into our new home today,,now sat quietly apart from a little jig when the music of Dr Hook gets too much to sit still, The site seems to have got back to its friendly ways,,so I'm back,,

13 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Knights in White Satin references a sonata by Clementi but you have to listen closely to hear it.

Whiter Shade of Pale is obviously derived from Bach and you don't have to listen hard at all.

7 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

Whiter Shade of Pale is obviously derived from Bach and you don't have to listen hard at all.

Question then becomes, which piece?  I lean towards Bach's Arioso.  Not sure of the BWV number.  or Air on a G string.

Just to show ''Life'' really was nicer..back then........

People...Music...Clothes......

• Like 2
5 hours ago, IAN FINN said:

ben was there a 60s song that mentions Kings rd sung by a group back then i can not remember the group fits right in with the swinging 60s.

Tom Petty did a song called Kings Road but that was 1981

Dick a Dum Dum was a 1969 hit by Des O'Connor and it referenced Kings Rd 

• Like 2

Always enjoyed Des.........seemed a really nice bloke......reminded me of the nicest bloke i ever knew.. my Uncle John...even looked like him....

Thought his voice was very under rated............he had a record in the top 20 in the late 60s..''I pretend''............Plus dick a dum- dum

Oh yes i even liked ''Dick a dum dum''........lol

Since I mentioned the Official Monster Raving Loony Party elsewhere on here, I thought it might be appropriate to dig these out..

They don't make 'em like they used to! :crazy:

Their joint leader, at one point, was Catmando... A cat.

Cats make excellent politicians. They're egocentric, totally selfish and concerned only about what they can get out of any given situation.

The only difference is, cats are quite honest about their motivations and intentions, making no attempt whatsoever to hide them. If only we could say the same of humans...:blink:

• Like 3
On 2/17/2024 at 2:41 AM, Stavertongirl said:

I think they did another one after that called Homburg Hat or something, never did reach the same heights after their first record.

Homburg, released in September 1967, got to number 6 in the UK charts

They did some great albums after WSOP and toured extensively in the USA.

Albums of note were Shine on Brightly and Salty Dog

Loved Frankie and the four seasons......60s Locarno and 'De Palais'' in Town always enjoyed their sound for a Dance......emigrated south ish in the 70s but always found them waiting...especially in Norwich and Northants..even Peterborough (that  only had one night club ...great times...

80s 90s still there back in Nottingham.......

• Like 2

Here's one for @carni..hope you ok gel..........Billy loved his turned up 'Collar''.......going to Bulwell this morning think i'll try it..........see if the ladies still say ''ooer think ya Billy Fury don't ya''.......like they did in the 60s....:)

• Like 1