• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely morning in Bulwell.......sun shining.......Lots of folk of all types about...quite busy to say there was no market on...best thing about Bulwell is the down to earth ''Banter'' Old lady in

Just before i rolled into the river leen down Bulwell Bogs......the story goes two of my teenage Aunts took me down the Bogs and bought me a sucker. i then rolled into the Leen...they said i was still

Bulwell home guard WW2 years... Just found this on Turtons Bulwell photo's....And i am certain thats my Dad far right second from bottom with the Moustache ..........I'M  so happy at finding it..i cou

Vicars, at one time, didn't have to retire. Then the rules were changed and they were obliged to retire at a certain age unless they had been in their parish before a certain date. The rules have probably changed again since then. I can't imagine they're queueing up to join the ministry these days.

Certainly didn't see him when they were driving or else they wouldn't have knocked him off his bike lol

Rog

Here is a photo for Ben as he has missed his coffee here today , I still owe you a coffee Ben. Into Jeromes I had a  black coffee and a real bacon sandwich with thick tasty bread and lashings of ketchup, to finish it off the compulsory cigarette. I am an animal, the wife said so. All this whilst sitting in the sun watching the world go bye. Then a walk along the Leen admiring the cleaniness of the water and the numerous ducks etc . Then off home , Bulwell town is a great place to visit.

jeromes.jpg

• Like 4

Blimey...Trogg ....you joking?.......thats me about 10.45.......enjoying 'Scambled Egg on Toast'' with a nice Espresso.......the lady is with her Dog there most mornings...we always 'Chat' but never Dance....seriously Trogg did you know it was me ?

• Like 1

And to think, I used to drive my 55bus past there up to Camberley Road, back in 1967.

• Like 1

Ben I was concentrating on taking the photo with people walking past, then playing with the camera before chatting with the wife. When we went into Jeromes there was only the woman with a dog sitting outside, did you see it was me and run off, lol, my eyes need distance glasses to recognise anyone from that distance. Shame to have missed you, Bulwell is a great place for a coffee and a wander around, you never know who you will meet or miss.

• Like 1

Saw someone i thought was you but wasn't sure.....and thought if it was you...you would have known me........if any of that makes any sense....next time mate.....:biggrin:

• Like 1

Sorry.....tried to enlarge picture...obviously failed........CLIFF....!!!! LOL

He don't look owt like his Avatar. I tried to zoom in but I thought it were radios Ken Bruce.

I can only picture Ben like his previous Avatar, one George Clooney.

No offence Ben, honest.

2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Sorry.....tried to enlarge picture...obviously failed........CLIFF....!!!! LOL

Here in all his glory.....Ben pausing for breath between chatting up the ladies.

ajjF6C9.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Are there any others Jill?........Paid £30 for em some 20 years since...from a Charity Shop up Mapperley top...

The rest of my Attire'' was....

Slim fit light blue Jeans £20 from Matalan...

Pale Blue shirt from 'Outlet' on A38...£45

Black Necker-chief''.with matching 'Top Pocket Hanky'

.present from Wife from store in the West-end..on her last visit.......Posh ya know''..lol

Black suit Jacket...from 'Slaters' in Nottingham...

Not forgetting a pair of 'Cuff-Links'' that were my Dads..along with his 'Silver Arm-Bands''......

Good job i was only going to Bulwell in-it.......:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm beginning to see young Trogg in a new light. He might be working undercover as a spy. He's keeping you under surveillance, Ben. Making sure you behave yourself. Don't speak Russian, do you young Trogg?  

• Like 1

Speak Russian Jill you must be joking, I used to be able to speak English but after being married for so long the wife has taught me (battered into me) how to communicate in 50s/60s basic hucknalese. So now I dont even understand myself.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, trogg said:

the wife has taught me (battered into me) how to communicate in 50s/60s basic hucknalese.

According to linguistic experts Hucknall is where the north of England accent starts. No wonder that Nottingham folk can't understand them.

Your wrong OZ  and the linguistic experts are The North of England starts at the bottom of the M1    

There is a big sign saying 

""To The North""

Ain't it right ??

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

Here in all his glory.....Ben pausing for breath between chatting up the ladies.

ajjF6C9.jpg

That's our Ben!  Must say though Ben that I haven't seen you since before your 'op' and I think you have filled out a little in the face? You look younger!

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

According to linguistic experts Hucknall is where the north of England accent starts. No wonder that Nottingham folk can't understand them.

My Brother in Law comes from 'Ucknull'.  I've known him for 57 years and have yet to understand a 'wod' e 'sez'.

• Like 1

Thankyou kind Sir........5 years since my Op Col.......didn't realise its been that long since i saw you........Yes i weigh nearly 3 stone more since those days...back to my fighting weight....

• Like 1