• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I try not to think about it Ian. I do feel for my wife as she gets upset on Mothers day. My biggest regret is that we'll never be grandparents. Said before on here that I've advertised for anyone who

Got no interest in the politics thread whatsoever but some find it interesting so get on with it, I try to post what I've been on with during the day or the garden and hobbies threads but not everyone

Sorry to hear that BK hope you have some fond memories. Our grandson was born with a diaphramatic hernia he was given five percent chance to live he was in an induced coma but by a miracle he survived

That's what I've been thinking CT. Begining to feel like Billy no mates. Thought I may have to resort to Keep one, drop one.

• Like 1

Yuz can allus talk to me Pianoman. I'm sure we could find something to gasbag about, or perhaps try a little gossip. Although I have to admit, my memory of Nottingham after 36 years in exile is starting to fade. Cheers mate !

PS. I have noticed that some folks only ever post on keep one drop one and nothing else.

Though I never take part, keep one drop one is not a problem as far as I can see. Those with an odd or idle  moment use it much like  playing patience - nowt wrong wi that...

If all anyone does is wait for something to respond to,  it may be awhile, or if there is nothing worthy of a reply - start something...

Actually since that last site software change it won't let me logout!

There is no longer anywhere on the top right of the page to log in or out or send or receive p.ms or notifications.  Just shows me as always logged in.  Annoying.  At least not in Firefox.  On Brave I can log in and out just as I always did. :(

In my case, I sometimes wonder what I should post about. I seem to run out of things about Nottingham to talk about and think folks will soon get fed up of hearing about Sussex etc., and I know bugger all about football and stuff like that. I do enjoy assisting anyone who asks for help or advice and love the jovial banter the sometimes gets passed from one to another. Also it's interesting to hear of others hobbies and pastimes.

I'm just wondering if this Indian summer is going to happen next month. I fancy another fix at Portsmouth and sunny Southsea. The digs are cheap out of season and National Express is coming up at £23.60 return.

10 hours ago, The Pianoman said:

National Express

I have not been on a bus in Australia for 49 years. I do use the train infrequently though. Last time on a bus was in the UK, just after NCT brought in those multi coloured buses. It took me a while to work it out as people were saying catch the "orange/lime/purple" bus and not a route number.

I don't need a car while I am down there. There are parking meters everywhere as well.  Nottingham Broad Marsh to Southsea Clarence Pier (via London Victoria) is currently coming up at £22.60 return! I haven't driven a car since June 2022 - I'm not sure why I need one. The only plus to a car is convenience. As for the expense :Shock:

• 6 months later...

Have I missed something or has Radfordred just stopped posting?

Nothing from Albert for a while.. which is concerning.

Anybody?

That's what I keep wondering Col. Begining to feel like Billy-no-mates, wandering through a ghost town.

1 hour ago, DJ360 said:

Have I missed something or has Radfordred just stopped posting?

Nothing from Albert for a while.. which is concerning.

Anybody?

I miss them both

Phil seems to have disappeared too, or have I missed some posts?

41 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

Radfordred just stopped posting?

I asked the same question about RR (Nick) but never got a reply, miss his dry sense of humour Lizzie

Rog

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I asked the same question 10 days ago, Jill.  Does @plantfit know if he’s OK as I think they have actually met face to face !

Never looked at that section at all Phil, I have no interest in other peoples political rantings, like you said it's not in the true spirit of this site, nice to hear you are still with us though Phil, thanks for jumping in

Rog

• Upvote 1