• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Stavertongirl  thanks for telling me about the cakewalk being at Goose Fair,  just a quick story Friday night 8th Oct 1965 the following day was my wedding day, any way all the ladies had just had

When I was about 15 my two friends and I decided we wanted to be at Goose Fair when it ended at midnight (?) on the Saturday.  Another friend (Deirdre) and her brother lived up Sherwood Rise and invit

GOSH!!!!  Goose Fair what memories? age 13/15   used to walk down to the Forest from Robin Hood Chase with my  best friend Wendy Husband . each night Monday till Wednesday, What I here you l

For those who have been to goose fair lately, did any of you cach any of the prices for childrens things? (merry go rounds, hook a duck etc)

We're going for deffinate tomorrow, cant wait. Doughnuts, candy floss, pea's... All with our names on! Get in my belly!

Hi LizzieM, #143

We went on the Pea Stall, The Burger Stall, The Brandy snap and Cookie Stall and the cafe for a cup of something similar to tea. I don't think it would be wise to go on any rides after that lot! :Shock:

And as for you naughty boys. slywink

PS The big Asda were charging £3 for 2.5hrs on there car park, you need to go in and ask for a ticket.

• Upvote 1

deric i give dave a piece of cotton twezers and a magnifying glassand from what the wifes say most of the old rockers need them now.

i went to town wednessday came back up mansfield rd about 3 ish desides to nippdown into the fair it shoud have been oppened at 3 most of the stalls and rides still closed no bingo stall this year so i came home after buying dave some ginger bread and brandy snaps spent 2 pounds, weather was quite nice yesterday about 1 weather dull but dry i decide to go down and havea proper lookbeen on there less than an hour and it started to rain put my cape onand started to head back home by the time i got back home it was chucking it down an i looked like a drowned rat did not spend owt at all.

Would the Asda mentioned be the 'park and ride' site? I thought it was Asda... My partner things it's the park and ride.

asda shop on the green charge goosefair for parking if you are shopping you show them the ticket and get it back all the mony gose to charity nearest park and ride is wilkinson st but it still costs 3 pounds each just to go 3 stops just as cheap and esier to come on bus to town and then on the tramto the fairas park and ride at wilkinson st this time of year very busy because forest site is closed or you could come through arnold to bulwell and park there then on the tram to the forest

We're going by car. But he's saying that you can park in the park and ride which is meant to be closer than the Asda? Oh I don't know these places. Take me out of netherfield/carlton/gedling and I'm lost!

I did think that at first. I'm sure he knows where he means. Either way we'll get parked and get to the fair... For goose fair food!! Yay :)

I would suggest using the park and ride at Wilkinson Street. All trams stop there. No traffic wardens bothering you and the tram right to the fair. We suffered enough while they built the damned thing so might as well get something out of it.

Pixie you're going to have a bad tummy ache next morning.

Not long got home from the fair! Really enjoyed it and I think the minion did too. Although she didn't want to go on any of the rides, apart from the ones for adults!

First stop - burger! With cheese and onions, it tasted so good too. Next stop - pea's! They went down a treat.

Then followed by a wonder and a game of hook a duck where little one won a toy that she hasn't stopped playing with. She's came home with many prizes & we'v. Come back with candy floss & brandy snaps, that were currently indulging in with a cuppa.

Downside is my clothes and hair now smell of the fair, so I can't wait to jump in the shower soon!

i just been down the fair again found my bingo stall but did not winpot of peas spoke to a few friends not seen for a long time spent 4 pounds

We just walked to the fair this afternoon, 20 minutes each way. I spent £20 mostly on food, my son got rid of £40 on rides. Love the atmosphere, you just can't beat it, but I never went on a ride this year I was the designated babysitter hanging onto the baby's pushchair, didn't mind one bit as the rides get more scary each year !!

• 3 weeks later...

The Zoo Keeper

A bloke starts his new job at the zoo and is given three tasks. First is to clear the exotic fish pool of weeds.

As he does this a huge fish jumps out and bites him. To show who is boss, he beats it to death with a spade.

Realizing his employer won't be best pleased he disposes of the fish by feeding it to the lions, as lions will eat anything.

Moving on to the second job of clearing out the Chimp house, he is attacked by the chimps who pelt him with coconuts.

He swipes at two chimps with a spade killing them both..
What can he do? Feed them to the lions, he says to himself, because lions eat anything....

He hurls the corpses into the lion enclosure..

He moves on to the last job which is to collect honey from the South American Bees.

As soon as he starts he is attacked by the bees. He grabs the spade and smashes the bees to a pulp.

By now he knows what to do and shovels them into the lions cage because lions eat anything.

Later that day a new lion arrives at the zoo. He wanders up to another lion and says "What's the food like here?"

The lions say: "Absolutely brilliant, today we had Fish and Chimps with Mushy Bees

BOOM BOOM !!

• Upvote 2
  • 5 months later...

I remember the Goose Fair from my teenage years in the 50s. What an adventure it was! I loved the Waltzer and seemed to remember the Fair was so big we got lost in it - maybe it's my memory playing tricks on me.

• Upvote 1