Things that pee you off...

Packaging continues to add more items to the list of things that pee me off.

Years ago we bought butter from the CO-OP in a pat wrapped in greaseproof? paper, can you remember the grocer with his wooden paddles,  or prepackaged in a single wrapper.

Opened some today that comes in a plastic tub with a lid, underneath that was an al-foil cover that needed to be peeled off (if you can lift the tiny tab) and then under that the butter was covered under a piece of greaseproof paper. Four separate items that need to be manufactured and transported to package a pat of butter. What a waste of resources!

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the actions of various groups around the country proved when fireworks and petrol bombs were used as weapons. If that is not a good enough reason to say enough is enough and ban private sales of fi

I rather think the the hang 'em and flog 'em syndrome is alive and well and not a million miles away - and the press are having convulsions... Why does an act of mindless vandalism attract such v

Not to beat around the bush or add insult to injury, but there are several whimsical idioms that do not cut the mustard sense-wise. However, we shouldn’t cry over spilt milk, a little elbow grease wil

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst watching several programmes on WW1 on one of the Freeview channels yesterday afternoon, it mentioned the aftermath of the conflict, and the fragile state of the economies of certain of the participants. Several less powerful nations were financially reimbursed, or certainty aided in their recovery.

We on the other hand, who I might add were taking on foes almost singlehandedly on some fronts, reluctantly took on loans from the United States, in order to maintain arms production of our own, and purchase equipment from them. I never realised that the said loans were only fulfilled within the last year or so.

100 years later, and we were still paying the richest country on the face of the planet. Barstewards in the extreme !

This country, USA is now so far in the hole financially I can't see us ever getting out.

As usual, in all wars it seems like the bankers always come out of it ok.  It's up to the young uns to do the dying and the survivors to do the paying. :angry2:

Exactly ! Check out the lyrics of 'Fortunate Son' by John Forgerty. Spot on !

I've done hundreds of miles recently with visits to S Wales, Hants and various other places , and am baffled as to why contractors don't clear up ALL their equipment on completing a job. Many roadsides are littered with old cones, damaged warning signs, the metal easel contraptions used for displaying such signs, sand bags used for weighing them down, sections of orange plastic barriers, the heavy plastic / rubber supports for the barriers, buckets, timber and other assorted CRAP. they should be fine for littering !

Also, after damaged vehicles have been removed after an accident, there is invariably plastic body parts, glass, wheel trims, old tyres etc. Grumble over !

It's all down to the "Can't be bothered" culture, "leave it for someone else to clear up,not my job, you want it clearing,you clear it"

A jobs not done until the last tool is put away and you've cleaned up, thats what I was always taught

Rog

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Well I'm always amazed that the Transit truck type of scrap merchants don't take advantage, and remove the metal items.

Seen on the local news that yet another ATM (Cash Machine) has been raided in Leicestershire, making this the 23rd in a matter of months. The usual way is to use a JCB type digger or a fork lift truck to dislodge it, then dump it into a pick up truck.

Now is it just me, but if residents hear such vehicles trundling by in the early hours of the morning, doesn't it ring a bell somewhere that this may just be suspicious ? The digger hasn't just come around the corner, it's invariably travelled several miles, and genuine operators don't start working that early ! 

• Like 2

So there's a distinct possibility that Nottinghams bid to be a European City of Culture is scuppered due to the oiks in Brussels saying that we won't be in the EU by then. 

Well bu66er them. Europe doesn't solely consist of the EU members, and anyway, Nottingham has more history and culture that Belgium will ever have. Bleddy spoilsports.

Exactly. Sod em all. I fancied a weekend break in Bruges, but I've been twice before, so it'll be Scotland instead !

• Like 1

If I could just mention, you both seem to be missing the point. Brussels is only the headquarters of the EU, the decision is not down to Belgium.

During my visits, I've always found the Belgian people very pro-British, due to their gratitude for our historical interventions on their behalf.

I haven't missed the point TBI, it was tongue in cheek banter. We all know that Brussels is the EU HQ, and I too have had many pleasurable times in Belgium. Bruges is a beautiful city, and has delicious hot chocolate !

I'm absolutely getting utterly fed up with hearing about this Black Friday rubbish. Junk email after junk email. Are people so stupid to believe all the rubbish about bargains. Amazon being one of the worst culprits. All my Amazon emails to the spam folder now.

• Like 3
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Things that pee you off...