Showing my age but according to something I just read , Crossroads had its first showing on this day in 1964.  Nearly 60 years ago.

Can't say if I watched the first episode or not but I bet there's a few here who still remember some of the names : Meg Richardson, Miss Diane, Bennie etc !

Used to watch it, but it was my first taste of the Brummie accent and have disliked it since! Now there's a Brummie on the baking show! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Cliff Ton said:

The main thing I remember about it is the theme tune.....

And to make it on topic what with the release of the "new" Beatles single today , Macca once did a cover version

I remember Crossroads for its missed cues and wonky scenery and loved Victoria Wood’s ‘Acorn Antiques’ which just took the pee out of Crossroads.  She was brilliant and so observant.  

Didn’t watch it because at that time I was still at work or else traveling home. I remember though my bosses mother had it on the tv and I could hear the signature tune.

British accents. I don’t think you ever lose them. There are so many provinces here that have awful accents and dialects. Tuscany is one I love as is also Sicilian but that’s a language all of its own. My family take the mickey when I say “ mi “ instead of “me” which I do occasionally.

It was said that Crossroads motel could solve the unemployment problem in one fell swoop ! Everybody that turned up there was suddenly offered a job and bed and board to go with it.