mick2me

Image Attach Test

I don't know how you stay logged in Dave.  I get logged out if I take too long writing a post.  On the rare occasions when I have forgotten to log out and navigated away from NS I am always logged out when I return.

edit.  I'm seeing all of your images just fine, Mr. Pianoman.  I'm currently on my IPad.

When you clear all your old temp files, cookies & passwords out you will have to re-enter said passwords.

Be careful what you upload to Imgur.

"With regard to any file or content you upload to the public portions of our site, you grant Imgur a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable worldwide license (with sublicense and assignment rights) to use, to display online and in any present or future media, to create derivative works of, to allow downloads of, and/or distribute any such file or content."

Just signed back into NS after being off line for a while, I thought I would look back on the posts and #227/#241 and #207/#208  the images have disappeared on the links again?

Noddy Picture is there for me.

On 7/24/2007 at 11:31 PM, mick2me said:

Please post a test message, attaching an image under 50k.

Using the browse button under the message.

I have changed the board settting to allow attached images.

Only Linked images will be allowed in future.

Hi Mick

I was a pupil at Haydn Road from 1953 to 1956 and I have form photos from year 3-2 and 4-1 with form teachers Miss Chambers and Mr Gosden, too big to attach but would you like them? 

You could use a free image resizer to reduce the file size, plenty about, I use Pix Resizer !

Quick question.  I don't post a lot of photos.  Mostly because of my clunky way of storing them.  Camera / upload to laptop / upload to postimg /link to NS.  There has to be a neater way.

Today I was looking for a Post Img app for use on our android smart phone so I could upload to postimg / NS straight from there.  Couldn't find one so I'm wondering how you folks are getting your images up to NS.  I saw that I can upload to postimg via Firefox web page.  So, how would you recommend getting this done?  Thanks in advance.

I'm with you LL. I do it exactly the same as you. Long job int it. If there is another way and it's complicated, I will have to carry on 'Clunkin'. Fingers crossed for a shorter route.

Loppy an carni. Posting images with Postimage is a doddle.YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD AN APP.

In your search engine text box type Postimage.

click on Postimage.org - free image hosting/image upload

click on Choose image

choose your image from where it is stored

double click on it

It will begin to load. When progress line is 100%, wait a sec then

click on Hotlink for Forum at end of line

It will say ;copied'

If you get a small window appear then click on 'Allow'

Click on the X at top right of screen and then go into NS

Find the thread and Right click in the text box 

Click on Paste and the image will be planted

Add text.

It is so quick and easy that most people in Bulwell can do it.

• Like 3

Thanks Chulla. You gave us these instructions a while back and they are the ones I follow. I did add Postimage to my desktop so I just double click to open it and then I always  follow your instructions, which I have written in my little note book. It is a lot easier than photobucket.Thankyou Miduck.

Don't forget you have to register with postimage to be able to store and send pictures to N/S

Rog

• Like 1

I will look into that, Thanks Chulla.

Hi Rog.  I am registered on PI and already posted some pictures in the old fashioned way.  It's just a matter of loading quick pics from the phone as I'm sure many folks here already do.

Logged into PI from my iPad this a.m.  When I click on copy the link for forums it tells me to copy the link manually???   Anybody have any idea why this might be.  Seems ok on the laptop. 

loppy, on the iPad I had the same trouble, so I now use the second box down (direct link)  

Later, , it gives the option of just displaying the link, not the whole picture, but I usually just show the picture!

• Like 2

Catfan, I can't right click with my finger, only when I'm using a mouse!

Just tried that, Margie but it didn't work.  Just said please copy manually on whatever link I tried.  I'm just wondering if PI is having some kind of issue today maybe I should just leave it alone for a while.  Haven't had this problem before and I don't seem able to copy manually on the IPad.

%5Burl=https://postimg.org/image/40x7eqhb9/%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttps://s26.postimg.org/s4nz30zs9/image.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D

Not quite sure what you may be doing, Nonna.    While you are in Postimg. Just select the photo you want to post.  Click share and a list of options will come up.  Click on the "share to forum" link.  There is a little icon link at the end of the line.   It will say 'image copied."   Then nip back into NS and click paste in your image editor.  The link address should appear.  Then just hit submit reply and your photo should appear in your post.  :)

Works for me on on my iPad using 'Direct link'

This  is Button btw.  She is the mother of our other cat, Zippy

IMG_1609.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

She's gorgeous. I love tabbies with the little black M on their foreheads. Such a look of concentration !