Just When You Thought Winter..

Is that the same Mitchigan that gets upto 40 degrees in the Summer ??

'Cause I'm not kidding -26c is bloody cold , and you were on your way to work , it got to -3 here and London closed down for 2 days!!!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No Margie, just the Scots !

Seeyoufu@kingpric*thatyouarecatfanf*c*ingsassanacckyoullgetafu*8ingglasgeekiss..................lol.

Yep - same place! Although 40C in the summer is not common, high 80's (29C ish) is the norm.

The really strange thing is that we may get up to 50F (10C) on Saturday - a swing of over 60 degrees (30C) in two days! If that happened in the summer it would be world news - can you imagine going from below freezing to HOT in that span of time?

I stopped in the local beer store on my way home on Tuesday evening - the guy that owns it is Albanian - we had a good laugh about a couple inches of snow bringing London to its knees!

Stay warm!

It was a slight exageration on my part. I was just going on the video for that Kid Rock track where he sings of being in Mitchigan "All Summer long" !!

Re London ...3 days notice and they still can't cope !!

H+S are to blame

We've had a couple of flakes overnight. I hear it's bad in the midlands any comments any body??

That reminds me , I live on a little backwater Crescent , as you say Kev , of no importance, any road up my mate drove one of the council gritters, and a couple of years back we had some real compact snow/ ice/ permafrost ,and I mentioned it in passing over a beer one evening ,and low and behold ,the next day it was clear!!! completely by total and utter, utter fluke!!

If he does it would answer the question as to why a lot of the main roads round the county are still blocked !!!

Incedentally , I pulled up a truck the other day and shouted to the driver "You're losing your load "

"Bogger off I'm gritting"

Regarding roads being gritted…

Where I use to live we were quite high up consequently there were a number of back roads that were steep, I lived on one of them.

Some of the neighbours not all would throw sand and sometimes grit onto the road just on the piece of road outside their specific property.

Mind you the council was good enough to leave a big yellow box at the top of the street full of salt and grit mixture for that purpose.

So I would say Kev if your narrow road is still iced up why don’t you take the initiative and throw the cinders from the brazier that’s in your front room over your little patch of road maybe your neighbours may see the benefits in your actions and that in turn might encourage them to do the same.

Just a thought………lol.

Bip.

Then my I suggest you take the two unused wooden tennis rackets from out of the free standing wardrobes in the coal house and attach them to ones feet and pretend your on a sponsored walk across the ice fields of Greenland to fetch enough road grit to clear the ice and snow from the road outside of ones property.

Just a thought….lol

Bip.

• 5 years later...

Yes, my shorts have been washed and put away till next spring.

Thick socks coming out now, my feet were cold when I was filling the bird feeders a bit ago.