What did you get for Xmas ?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My brain is scrambled just looking at the various items that need setting up. Just managed to set up my new mini iPad to replace the new one I had for my birthday in September and then lost / or had

another year with the most beautiful of women, (and the wife), no i mean the wife, best present for christmas, birds singing, sun coming out, wife singing in the kitchen, nice glass of (lemonade), mar

Well, boy am I going to smell sweet for the next few months. I'll have to have a shower twice a day for a month to use all my prezzies up. Roses, Lily of the Valley, Lavender; Sweet Pea! You name it a

What I got for Chrimbo ? A nice pair of proper working legs !

Had a wander to our local church with Mrs Catfan this morning, first time out since Tues.

Not one ounce of pain or discomfort at all, legs felt absolutely amazing, not felt this good in years.

Cos I behaved mesen Mrs Catfan says I can go to Wetherspoons tomorrow !

Merry Christmas !

• Upvote 5

Whisky x 3, white wine x 2, red wine x 2, port, socks, hankies, shirt, T shirts x 2, polo neck jumper, world atlas, railway books x 3, car cleaning kit, gardening gloves, bird feeders and suet blocks, chocs, bits and bobs.

• Upvote 1

#29 That is Brilliant news catfan. Have a nice time at Wetherspoon with Mrs catfan. You really have something fantastic to celebrate. thumbsup

basfordred, What a lovely lot of prezzies. Get yourself comfy and enjoy a glass or 2 or 3. Oh go on then, Open another bottle :biggrin:

PS, We didn't buy for each other this year. The first time in the 50yrs together! Its our Wedding Anniversary tomorrow and we have treated ourselves to a celebration few days away. That is why we didn't buy prezzies today. we can't have everything! We did buy a nice card each though.

• Upvote 4

Carni, Sue & I don't exchange pressies with each other, if we want owt, we buy it & don't wait for Christmas. Our grandkids get their pressie but instead of buying pressies for everyone else we make a charitable donation instead. Works well.

Many congratulations on your 50th anniversary to you & Chris, fantastic, enjoy the break !

catfan, Its 50yrs last August we have been together, but only married 48yrs tomorrow. not the big one till 2016. Sorry I didn't choose my words very well and mislead you, but thankyou for your congratulations. 48yrs in't bad is it Miduck.

• Upvote 4

Glad to hear you're feeling so well Catfan, and congratulations to you and Chris, Carni!

I got a nice assortment of presents, some fantastic books I've been after including 'A History of the World', Cluedo, which I've always wanted to play and some other fantastic bits and bobs, the most important thing though, was the fact that I got to spend today with my family.

God is good. Hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas!

• Upvote 3

Socks,underpants,chocolate & shortcake .

That's the boring stuff.

My sister makes handbags & similar items so I got a "Harris Tweed"(labeled) glasses case(very nice too)

And a book off my good lady "The age of caricature" (satirical prints in the reign of George III) :)

• Upvote 1

Shirt,Ray Winstones book,lots of smellies,and the pleasure of family,..............and oh yes 6 likes on nottstalgia.... :)

• Upvote 2

New watch and metal detector ,I can find my watch if I lose it ,asking advice later from experienced detectors .put your name down for london marathon catfan,nice to see you are feeling good.basefordred hope you are having a good one or two of them prezzies might help.

• Upvote 2

I got some very nice presents from my daughters and wife, Ben Sherman shirts, jumper, far too much chocolate, smelly stuff, Northern Soul DVD and a few DIY tools.

Apart from my wife's main present there was no surprises for her as she always picks them herself as l have no sense of colour or style, according to her, so over the years it was less stressful if l just let her get on with it and l just paid the bill.

Unfortunately, her main present, which was a surprise may have been a mistake. I bought her a steam cleaner, she didn't seam over impressed by my choice of present, especially since it came with a defective part and the machine needs to be replaced.

I should have avoided surprises, l think l will go and watch the Norther Soul DVD in the spare room.

• Upvote 2