• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Market Square , Nottingham c1960s

King Edward Street, Nottingham 1976 Former site of Central Market after it moved into the Victoria Centre & was being used as temporary parking for the Nottingham City Transport buses Ph

Looks like the word & song players have woke up bored to death, here have something Nottingham.  Have a good day, try & get yourselves outside today, it's later than you think    

Well done enigma! You cheeky bu66ers. I first suggested The Miltons Head on # 853. LOL

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

True,mick you booted it!!

This would be about1993, I usually got the Killisick bus outside H.Samuel on Long Row- but one morning 3 separate bus companies vied for my fare..Gaggs was one?..same story at night- 3 buses playing silly beggars at that terminus.

#871 caftan....................if the Bus wer'nt in the way.....you'd see the 'Blood room' at the Oxford pub..............

• Upvote 1

I followed a well known criminal in there after he had just parked my stolen Cortina in the Oxford car park.!

Just to show his stupidity or arrogance he only nicked it the day before from Piccadilly, just over the way, stupid man.

I drove home in my Cortina, saying nowt else on here !

• Upvote 1

Does NCT ever run old buses on a proper service run?

On a Sunday etc..

Not NCT but a company called Bellamy Coaches interestingly, started running a Routemaster service between Arnold and Nottingham a few years ago. If I recall correctly, NCT muscled them off the route by putting extra buses on their corresponding service (number 58).

https://stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2008/03/28/hold-tight/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/7316338.stm

Wasn't there a firm called Maun Motors ran a couple of Routemasters around Mansfield. Memory is a bit vague here but it might even have been Bellamys and not Maun Motors. The buses were definitely not red though. This was probably 25 years ago.

Stephen

You were not far off. A mate of mine who is a local train and bus "anorak" says that East Midland changed their livery from that shown in #882 to red in 1955.

My memories are that the East Midland red was a darker shade than that of Trent buses and very similar to that used by Ribble in Yorkshire

My memories are that the East Midland red was a darker shade than that of Trent buses and very similar to that used by Ribble in Yorkshire

Yes, that's about right. I can't produce a photograph as I don't seem to have taken any of East Midland in colour - too drab.

Ribble was Lancashire, by the way.