The "Ginger Tom" has been gone a few years now, (Not sure if it went before I left Nott'm , but it may have been that long ago!)

Doesn't seem that long ago since I took the photos, but I looked at the date and it was March 2000, so that gives a starting point for when the pub was demolished.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Wells Road.  What's left of the  northern side of the Suburban Railway bridge, next to where the Gardeners Pub used to be.   https://maps.app.goo.gl/VqLHpvstQgzoBuVS7

Entrance to the old Alms houses on London road.

Certainly is @philmayfield but now owned by Nottingham Trent University & will be used for degree ceremonies & music.   What is this? What was this? Bonus points if you nam

Too easy, it's the tunnel from Victoria Centre to Carrington. I remember walking through it years ago and there was a place where you could not see daylight from either end.

It's a photo of a naked Mohammed Ali, in our coal cellar , stroking our (black) cat, without smiling, and Ashley , please stop pinching my pictures off of Flickr !!

Gentlemen (I use the term loosely) please accept my sincere apologeticles, I shall use your full titles in future, (Ashley & Beefsteak) ..........................just trying to be friendly!!

As for humorous.............................................I reserve judgement, or 'plead the 5th'......................

It looks to me like a photo taken during an illicit shed bash one night. However, I'm sure Ashley would never do anything naughty like that so.....is it the inside of the tunnel at Thurland Street/Weekday Cross - the one carrying the Air con and heating to Vic Centre. Did someone close the door and your flash fail to go off?

Paulus, it was the Biff, wasn't he a member who got banned? Ash is ok, so long as it's not "want a fag Ash?" lhol

Compo, not Weekday Cross tunnel, though I did once rescue a cast iron GNR signal lamp from in there , originally oil lamp converted to low voltage electricity, still had working household size lamp in it, but think 24volt (might have been 12) with BR on the glass, for years had it bolted outside house till skint and flogged it, a few tramps used to kip in that tunnel, heating mains kept them warm, later druggies etc took it over, wasn't that dark in there, still needed a torch but nothing like Mansfield Rd Tunnel,

Aha! Just like the "Yes/No interlude" on "Take Your Pick" With Michael Miles and Bob Danvers-Walker. Oddly, I was going to suggest that one next but it was only a guess.

• 4 weeks later...