Members 'Nostalgic Age' Photos.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is me aged about 9 or 10 with my grandma.  Mum used to curl my hair in rags each night as my hair was never naturally curly!   It's only photo I have with my grandma... she was quite old whe

Me 1968/9 on me bike outside house I was born 28 Brixton Road Radford Nottingham Arms in the background. 

I put these together for a book 'wot i rote', makes you think when your lifes compressed into 15 photo's!

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

These pictures are obviously staged..We all know that classes of 37/40 can't possibly result in kids being able to read and write.Teachers can't possibly maintain discipline in classes of over 20...I've read it in the Guardian. ;):rolleyes:

These pictures are obviously staged..We all know that classes of 37/40 can't possibly result in kids being able to read and write.Teachers can't possibly maintain discipline in classes of over 20...I've read it in the Guardian. ;):rolleyes:

Found this in a school magazine for 1963 (Brooklands school, Long Eaton) :

"Miss Grace Thompson...is retiring after a period of 35 years teaching service here...In the early years of her career she taught classes of over 60 pupils, and once had 67 in a room that is now deemed too small for 30..."

Say Mudgie the school photo's l posted are actually my wifes figured there may be some Bestwood raced folks would be interested in them .I went to Highbury boys in Bulwell whose school uniform was a pair of jeans and a black leather jacket, not the best school in the City but lot's of discipline. Sadly we never had school pictures taken there, junior school l went to was Cantrell Road they were happy when l left but that's another story.

Hi RGR,

my last year at school was a battle with some staff members,they would constantly be on my back, "get your hair cut" and don't come to school looking like a " ton up" boy.

Needless to say,I never took any notice,and was sent home,time after time.Spending hours in the billiard hall,and 'Jacks' cafe,on Villa street,Beeston. A much more interesting education during that part of my teenage years.

• 2 years later...

Just spent an hour on this thread ive just come across (must get a life) some great old pictures and memories thanks to, RGR,Pooh bear,mcgread,Philby,dgbrit,compo,and great shot of Katyjays legs,..plus any others ive not mentioned,

Special thanks RGR the old Henry Whipple photo's,could'nt believe i don't recognise any of the pupils,think i'm that bit older,anyway just shows the content of Nottstalgia,historical content really building up.

• Upvote 3

Morning/evening Loppy'..........yes the forum's been running long enough now,where you can unearth lots of interesting bits with a bit of foraging.