Members 'Nostalgic Age' Photos.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is me aged about 9 or 10 with my grandma.  Mum used to curl my hair in rags each night as my hair was never naturally curly!   It's only photo I have with my grandma... she was quite old whe

Me 1968/9 on me bike outside house I was born 28 Brixton Road Radford Nottingham Arms in the background. 

I put these together for a book 'wot i rote', makes you think when your lifes compressed into 15 photo's!

Posted Images

Yes it's Tissington Ford. When we were over in the 80's, used to spend alot of time in Darbyshire and Yorkshiredales. Still some spectacular scenery.

trust you den.might have known it would be you.,

rgr i spend a lot of time in derbyshire and staffordshire and even after all these years are finding new areas and new rd lanes we have not been down before we go at least once a week now for a drive out that way,and it dosent matter when you go its always a great day out. we very realy plan were we are going or when just get up get dressed get in the car and go see were we end up sometime we take a sandwich or cobs and the flasks of hot water coffee sugar and milkand stop somewere off the beaten track and sit and have a drink and something to eat and take in the view for a while other times we stop for fish and chips or a hot pasty if we near the little shop in baslow. or we might go and have coffee and a piece of cake some were but we never spend more than about 30 pounds including petrol for our days out .and so much enjoyment , for what i call a cheap day out. sometimes we just put 10 pounds of petrol in and off we go and come across some amazing sights when we least expect it hang gliders, snow boarders, birds and annimals in the fields and woods ,when you least expect it and you can guarentee those are the days dave not put the camera in the car only last week we were out on a rd we travel quite a lot traveling passed a piece of woodland i was surprized to see a group of natter jack dear in a small clearing between the trees just all liying down resting including some young fawnsi have never seen them in this area before a lovely surprize .

dosent have to be good weather jackson we have been in the middle of winter six inches or more of snow on the ground. when its pouring down with rain on really hot or really cold damp days and even if you are using the same routes to travel it looks different at different times of the year sometimes when there are no leaves on the trees you see things you ave not notticeswhen lots off leaves on the trees. if you have a car and feeling a bit fed up get some petrol in pop in your car and of you go on your own or with a friends you will be surprized how much enjoyment you can get even in the middle of winter,i dont drive myself so dave dose all the driving so i get to see a lot more than he dosebut sometimes we dont even talk to each other much so if he was not doing the driving i would think i was on my own, and although i like to go to different places of interest that offen cost a lot to go in i think i enjoy these days out more.

Must admit Babs, I do like to get out and about in my car; I've plans on going out later - even though it's raining cats and dogs out there. When you're stuck in the house, even a visit to a nearby Supermarket can be appealing! :)

i would belost without our car dont go very far with out it at all now

I'm the same Babs.

Through having a long term health problem recently - last December up until the present day - it has made me so much appreciate my car: a Golf, aged 15 years.

When I first became ill, I shall never forget the feeling of freedom I felt by being able to get out and about in 'My Car'. :Kiss: I consider myself a sensible person and knew that it would be safe for me to drive.

Now I'll sit in my car and tell it : "you are lovely". :Kiss: It stopped me being housebound and now it's become a part of me that I would not like to be without.

Talking of Derbyshire.

Having been paid to drive round Derbyshire since 1995, in the course of my job.

Now in early retirement and despite living on the borders of Derbys, I no longer

have the urge to go there.

I can't see me visiting Allenton, Alvaston, Sinfin, Chaddesden, Normanton or Peartree anytime soon :)

Babs, you carry on having a wonderful time travelling around to explore what many take for granted, just getting out of the house, it's what keeps both mind & body active

babs, reading your post, #330, I thought to myself that my wife could have written that. She had a friend called Rosemary who lived near us. When I was away abroad they would get in the car, one time Rosemary's and the next time my wife's car, and just head for Derbyshire, the East coast or anywhere they fancied. Off they'd go to 'explore' as Rosemary would say. One of their favourite places they had found was Arbor Low in Derbyshire. I can remember them taking me there one summertime. Rosemary's parents had a boat and they would all spend enjoyable days exploring the waterways. Unfortunately, Romesmary became ill with alzheimer's disease and passed away, she was only in her early fifties. We were so sad to lose a great friend because she was one of the nicest and most pleasant people you could ever wish to meet.

Hi Babs', good to hear you are getting out, and enjoying the time to explore 'everyday' places.

Surprising what you can do on a few quid,some folk have to spend a lot of money,and still not enjoy life.

Denice and I,on the spur of the moment,take off to have a day out.

The wildlife over here,can at times be a bit scary. We seldom sit on the grass to eat a sandwich. :Shock:

One of my Favourite spots Jackson ,then on the way back to Nottm have Fish and Chips in Matlock.By the way the Convertible with the red top was a Pontiac.

id not sit on the grass over there either mudgie, but i dond do it here as i would never get of the ground again we eithere sit in the car or perch on the back or take folding chairs if weather is realy nice. plenty of places in derbyshire \ staffordshire you could exploor mick and i bet there are loads of places you never been too one place we only found a couple of years ago is wetton mill near harington in the manifold valley the views are spectacular and lots of narrow little lanes that lead to other places. nice little cafe at the side of the river that opens most days in the summer but only two or three in the winter months big cave in the hills a few mins away i would love to still be able to walk well enough to go up and exploore that for those of you who like to walk park the car at hulme endand walk along the path by the river there have a nice cuppa and a piece of home made cake and then walk back to your car.

as i say you dont have to spend a lot to enjoy life.

rgr we dont stop at matlock for our fish and chips now as its often difficult to find parking space so we now stop at codnor fish bar next to texco express lovely fish and chips too fish chips and peas £5..50 and plenty for both of us.or if we going out the other way dave often pulls up at darley dale fish bar.

When I (there's another 'when I'!) was courting my 2nd wife she lived in Bolton and I in Nottingham. Once or sometimes twice per week we used to meet at the pub at Monsal Head and, weather permitting, used to stroll down the valley for a bit of privacy nudge-nudge, wink-wink. Pub name anyone?

slywink

Nice little cafe at the side of the river that opens most days in the summer but only two or three in the winter months big cave in the hills a few mins away i would love to still be able to walk well enough to go up and exploore that .

A great place at dawn when you have it all to yourself...Shame when I was there that the council couldn't clear up the hundreds of coke tins and crisp packets at the bottom of the slope.

How people can visit beauty spots and chuck their rubbish all around defeats me.

699225f8.jpg

• Upvote 1