We put the Central Heating back on at the weekend and it was fortunate as we woke up this morning to our first heavy frost of the Autumn. It soon dissapeared, but it's wierd to think that last Wednesday I was up at Manchester Airport, picking my mate up who had just got back from China, and I was wearing shorts and sandals !!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just checked we have a good nine inches in Wollaton   

Why on earth Is there a sheep in that photo?  Or perhaps the girl's name is Mary....

Five minutes ago, 22:15hrs:

Pretty high altitude in the northern part, a lot of Arizona is in the Rockies.... Like California, most think it's warm and sunny all the time, they have the record for the lowest temperature set, in the lower 48. They get many feet of snow most winters, but that's above 4000 feet, the have some mountainous areas over 6000 feet.

I used to live at 2500ft in the foothills of the Sierras and got snow every winter. My view was Sacramento and the valley below us.

We are 6,762ft above sea level, you don't do a lot of jogging around here! Never get [real] boiling water for a cuppa, we notice the difference back in the UK, with the temperature of a cuppa.

So why do we get snow - we are only about 800ft ASL!

Getting colder here too - been having frost for several weeks, but no snow yet. This weekend was gorgeous - temps. in the low 60's and clear blue skies. I put about 150 miles on the motorcycle yesterday!

I know it's not a real vast tempreture difference but yesterday it was 14 degrees when we went shopping , niether I nor the kids had our coats on , Only SWMBO, but then again she's nesh ! (Is that a Nottingham only word ???) This morning on the school run it was minus 1 !! It warmed back up to 8 degrees by mid afternoon though and is liokely to fall to minus 4 overnight !!

No, we are on the east side of the state. The prevailing winds (and weather) come from the west so typically only the west side of the state gets lake-effect snow from lake Michigan. Normally it only goes inland about 30 miles or so. If everything works right we can occasionally get lake effect, but not very often.

It's a "porridge" kind of morning here - so I had "oatmeal"! :rolleyes:

Its chilly wet and dreary here, i'm going to bring my lavender plant in soon as i lost my other one due to the vile weather last year i hate that drizzle rain that wets you through, the leaves are slippery as well you have to watch where you walk or you will be a$$ over t%t if you not careful lol

We had a cold front go through last night, brought loads of rain and it's windy and cool, with heavy snow falling across Kansas northern Missouri and Iowa. Even tornado warnings out for parts of Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas....Amazing what a cold front can bring on..

• 4 months later...

Woke up to a snowy scene on the moors this morning. More snow forecast for Caithness during the rest of the week. Current temperature 2°C. Grrrrrrrrr!

apparently were due for snow this week! Last week we had tempretures upto 23°.. Yesterday was meant to be raining, it was so sunny & according to my iphone 14° .. today its a little chillier, but still quite sunny but no more blue clear skies above! how can we go from lovely hot mid summer weather down to mid winter weather within 2 weeks!? crazy.

Posted a couple of snow pictures taken this evening. I forgot that I had already started this topic so perhaps ADMIN cold link them please?