Typical, boring bank holiday monday!

We had made plans to take the lady upto Floralands garden centre, i wanted a new cactus.. & we wanted to take her around the little farm, Well we havent left the house all day thanks to the weather. All we've managed to do this Bank holiday is watch Minder & Only fools all day & covered the living room floor with toys.

...Anyone else had a boring bank holiday?

It's a washout in Caithness today. Heavy rain and hailstones, garden partially flooded. It's been wet ever since the snow a couple of weeks ago.

I'm sitting here looking at old forum posts on the Nottstalgia site coughing and sneezing. It's not all bad though because I'm listening to some great rockabilly music. Oh, I've eaten half an Easter egg as well. I was saving the other half until tomorrow but I doubt that it'll still be there in an hours time...lol

• Like 1

After having a houseful of visitors over the past couple of days I have the home to myself for a little while. It's been very nice but I'm loving the peace and quiet and even the mediocre weather won't spoil that!

Me and our Gert have built a greenhouse indoors, moved all the furniture to make space, now we're waiting for rain to stop so we can carry the thing(in sections) outside to store until foul weather abates....... pieinface

I've laid on the beach this morning, sipped a few Pina Coladas from a fresh Coconut off of the tree at the bottom the garden this afternoon.

Tonight I'm off to the "Harbour Lights" night spot on the waterfront near Bridgetown.

Tomorrow I'm off to the doctors for some more of these great pills.!

Had a roast lamb dinner with all the trimmings,strawberry trifle,some chocolate eggs.

A stroll along the beach,a little to hot,so sat in the shade of the palm trees. :tanning:

Been lazy today, even though to me it's a normal working day and tons to do.......Well we are allowed a lazy day now and then.....

Not a holiday here - violation of the constitution and all that!

Well, if you work for the feds or state governments, it's a paid day off work at our, the employers expense, pity most of the governments employers can't have a day off with pay!!!!

\snip\

Tomorrow I'm off to the doctors for some more of these great pills.!

Send me some of those pills!

A test, my wife's historic family home near Denver Colorado, in a park..Koepkelogcabin01.jpg

Beefsteak's managed to get to Bridgetown without leaving his house - that gets my vote! If he sends me some of thos epills I reckon I might go back to South Africa for a few weeks. :crazy:

• 10 years later...

I don’t get bored - ever!  Neither do our children but the youngest grandchildren often say they are bored usually when they don’t have access to their tablet/phone.  
We might celebrate the Bank Holiday by doing a bit of gardening as long as it doesn’t get too hot.  

Our Bank Holiday is August 15. The village is getting ready for the festivities. Concerts with famous names, food stalls, street entertainment and a fun fair for the kids as well as adults. It’s an annual event and midweek there’s a firework display. In the past we have had Zucchero to sing which is probably the only one that is known in UK . Every year it’s a new famous singer or group and the village is filled to capacity. The stage is set right in the centre of the main square below the balcony’s of residents that live in the apartments. The hum and noise goes on til midnight so little chance for early nights. When the festival is finished in a few days time , the vendemmia although in flow will continue and it will soon be time for the truffle season to begin. In the surrounding area all the

“ Borghi “are having their own little  festivities , small but interesting and enjoyable. All celebrations to commemorate the end of the vendemmia hard work. I think they’ve earned it. Then comes the process of making wine but that’s another story. We must have about 20 good wine producers around us. All producing good and excellent wines.