Annoying Phrases

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went into Boots for my prescription last week. There was a woman in front of me who clearly wanted something they didn't have. She kept explaining why she needed it NOW! Every sentence was punctu

Hi Guys. This topic is like well cool innit? I mean like I said to me friend when he turned round n said 'Whats happenin' n I like said 'We is  talkin about people what don't talk proper ok' n he said

@radfordred  yes I agree.  How can meat melt in your mouth!  A lot of those cooking programmes amuse me anyway when they serve those teeny little portions of carefully arranged food accompanied with a

When I moved from nottingham to work in london I had an hard getting to grips with the accent , one day at lunch time a colleague point to the tomato ketchup and said pass the sose, I said pass the what me duck ? He said annoyingly pass the tomato sose,  I informed him it Sauce up north  !!

Alpha, the word “those” doesn’t feature in my husband’s vocabulary at all and it infuriates me. I never comment though as it stems back to his dreadful education, he has dyslexia which wasn’t recognised then and his parents never picked him up on grammar like I did with my own children. My father was an absolute stickler for grammar so we were corrected too which was a little annoying at the time but it worked! He has so many other great attributes that I’ve got past caring whether his grammar is correct or not. I’m lucky to have him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

An ex boss of mine back in 1977 at Holme Pierrepont,  always finished his sentence, when on 2 way radio, "Did you understand me over".

Never did find out what his 'over' was.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I would love my mother to stop for the weekend. Sadly she’s not with us anymore.

• Like 1

Egregious, ain't to bad, a regular in the independent crossword yonks ago.

Recall Diane Abbot using one of these buzzwords twice within a minute on question time!

The new one..prepromboglism? (SP)

James O'Brien dropping it big time..

Must admit..a bit of a stretch..even for an MP..

When I worked for the State Government with a group of other industry guys and we were often made to go to many useless presentations on the latest and greatest consultant thinking. Stuff like Six Thinking Hats. We each used to write five consultant buzzwords on a card and play "Buzzword Bingo" The first to complete their card won. All went well until one mate had had a few too many drinks at the break actually shouted out BINGO. You could have cut the silence with a knife.

What are you favourite words of consultant speak?

• Like 1

I had consultants in when, at the behest of major customers, I tried to implement BS5750. I eventually had a stand up row with the head consultant and told him to eff off, much to the embarrassment of my fellow directors. We never sought the advice of consultants again!

• Like 1