• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I apologise but again this, as you may guess, is not Nottingham ....... it's St Lucia. Worth sharing with you though, I think.

Nice sunset last night - or was it the night before!

Another photo taken in the Vale of Belvoir

In Norfolk the geography means we can have huge sky-scapes and, in areas, not too much light pollution, which is wonderful for sunsets and star gazing. Mind you, it's a bugger looking up when you walk into trees and fall down holes.

• Upvote 3

Odd fact............you can watch the sunset over the sea........on the East coast.................where..?

• Upvote 1

Odd fact............you can watch the sunset over the sea........on the East coast.................where..?

It's a fact, if you're at Cromer at the right time of the year you can see the sunrise and sunset on the same day as that bit of the coast faces North, I've experienced it myself at Kelling Heath when I've been camping there, incredible starry skies at night too.

Anyway as everyone seems riveted by the question,the answer is Hunstanton!......lol.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Saw it, beautiful, but Red Sky in the Morning will surely bring rain as the saying goes.

I hope not. There's still leaves to rake up and the pond and stream to clear out !!!!!

• 4 months later...

Back on this thread, I remembered the finest sunrise I have ever experienced, got out the Agfa slide and scanned it.

I had flown into San Diego and was on the seventh floor in the Viscount Hotel on Harbour Island. My body was still on UK time and could not get to sleep all night. Eventually, a tinge of light entered the room, gradually getting brighter, and redder. I went the window, opened the curtains and....

San%20Diego%20sunrise_zpsskg5cena.jpg

WOW! The sunrise over the Mexico mountains and the reflection on the still water of San Diego bay. Just gorgeous and worth the 5000-mile journey.

• Upvote 4

After all the wind today I think the suns given up and gone to bed.

• Upvote 1

All these pics of sunsets are making me doze off !!!!!!